Swap your sim
You may want to swap your sim card if you're changing phones and need a different sized sim, or a sim with a 4G tariff. Once you've got a new sim from us, you can swap the number of your original sim to the new one by signing in to My O2 Business and choosing My Account.
How do I swap my sim?
Before you get started, make sure you back up all your important bits – contacts, calendar, photos, music or anything else you might need. Sim swaps take up to 24 hours.
You'll need your original sim and number, as well as your new sim. You'll also need the serial number on the back of your sim - it's the long number beginning with 894411.
- Sign in to My O2 Business and go to My Account
- In Manage devices, select 'Sim swap'
- Choose the mobile number for which you need a sim swap
- Type the new sim card number into the box. Be sure to leave the prefix 894411 in place, even if this number doesn’t appear on your sim card
- Review and submit your request
Once you lose signal on your original sim, turn your device off, put your new sim in and turn it back on. If you need to, keep turning your device off and on until you get signal. Then you're ready to go.
Sim swap option not available? Just go to o2.co.uk/swapmysim or text SWAP to 20220, to activate your new sim.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.