Transfer an account
From time to time you may want to transfer ownership of one O2 Business account to another. Or you may want to switch your personal account to a business tariff (or vice versa). In either case, you’ll need to complete a transfer of ownership form.
- How do I transfer my account?
Personal to business OR business to business
The existing account holder will need to:
- Ensure the account is up to date with all payments.
- O2 Refresh or Business Essentials Device plans must have any remaining balances paid in full before the transfer can start.
- Download and fill in the transfer of ownership form. This form requires completion by both the existing and new account holders.
Any data saved to your device or online storage will not be transferred in this process.
Note: this form is not to be used if you’re changing your personal or business name and not the ownership of the account. Instead you’ll need to download and fill in the name change application form. If however, your change is from one Limited name to another Limited name and you can provide a Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name from Companies House, then this form can be used.
Likewise, if you just need to move your tariff between a personal or business account and there’s not a change of name/ownership then you’ll need to contact your usual Customer Service team.
The new account holder will need to do the following:
- Choose your new Business tariff – see what’s available here
- If you’re a new O2 customer, we’ll have to complete a Credit Check. You’ll need to provide valid proof of identification (ID), see below for more information.
- Complete and sign the Direct Debit Mandate
We can't process incomplete forms, so please make sure you include all the required information.
Once both parties have completed the Transfer of Ownership form, please email the form and copies of your proof of ID (where applicable) to: BusinessTOO@o2.com (max file size 10MB).
Alternatively, you can fax it to 0870 600 2402 or send via post to:
O2 Correspondence Team,
PO Box 694.
Please allow up to 5 working days for your transfer to be completed, this will be dependent on receiving all the required information.
Once we have completed the transfer, we'll let you know:
- Your new account number
- Your tariff
Please note that any additional options and services on the original account won’t transfer over, so if you need Office 365 / Box / McAfee, these will need to be set up once the transfer has completed.
Marketing Preferences selected by the original account holder will transfer over so you’ll need to review the preferences selected once the transfer has completed and update them as necessary.
Proof of ID
We require two different forms of ID, at least one must be a mandatory proof. We’ll accept either two mandatory or a mandatory plus another form of ID listed.
All Proof of ID must meet the following criteria:
- Less than 3 months old
- Name, addresses and postcodes on the ID must all match the details entered on the form. Note: P.O. Box addresses aren’t accepted.
- UK based – we can only accept UK proof of ID
- We are unable to accept invoices as proof of ID
ID for companies:
- Company bank statement (or confirmation a bank has opened your business account) – mandatory
- Company credit card statement - mandatory
- Company utility bill
If there’s a change of Limited Company name to a new Limited Company name, we’ll require a Certificate of Incorporation on Change of Name from Companies House.
ID for sole trader accounts:
- Bank and/or Credit card statement – mandatory, if only one mandatory available we’ll need a copy of any one of the following:
- Passport – current UK passport
- Driver's licence – current UK driver’s licence
- Utility bill
ID for: Government bodies/Health Authorities/Schools/Colleges/Churches or Charities:
- Signed purchase order on letter headed paper with reference numbers (mandatory), along with completed documents and proof of ID.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.