We're investing and modernising for you
We're proud of our network. Of its heritage and its future.
We're the power behind London buses, connecting 8,000 buses every 30 seconds. At London 2012 we kept 16,000 officials, journalists and athletes connected. Soon more than 20 million homes will connect to our network through the government’s smart metering programme.
And we're continuing to invest heavily. With a modernisation programme that will roll out even more 4G, and strengthen our 2G and 3G networks.
What makes us different?
- Our network heritage and a history of firsts. We have a proven track record of building and operating leading mobile networks. Apple chose our network for its first UK phone. We were the first to launch u900 on 3G, bringing better in-building and rural coverage. And were the first UK operator to install six-sector capacity-boosting technology on our network.
- We're trusted to keep UK businesses running. From Network Rail to the AA, we're keeping 24 million customers and 450,000 businesses moving.
- A network designed, built and run with our customers in mind. We listen, understand and improve. Our latest independent tests show that O2 is #1 for voice in 18 of the top 20 UK cities, and #1 for data in 14 of the top 20 cities.
- We're future-looking. We're innovating and investing so we can keep meeting your ever-changing needs. By 2017, we'll have the largest data network in the UK
- And now we're part of Telefónica , building secure, reliable communications networks worldwide.
Watch our video to find out more about our network story.
O2 Building a Better Network 2015