Help & support
O2 | O2 Business | Help & Support | Business apps |Box
Collaborate, share and store your work online with safe, secure online storage for all your documents.
Work together online with Box from O2 Business
- What's Box?
The easiest way to share documents and collaborate online with colleagues, clients and customers, wherever they are.
Setting up Box
- How do I add new managed users?
A managed user is a Box account you add on My Business Apps (if you’re the administrator). Follow the simple steps using this guide to add these users.
You can edit, delete, enforce security settings, and run activity reports on these users through the Box admin console too.
- How do I reset my Box account password?
- Go to the password reset page and enter the email address for your Box account
- We'll then email you with a link to reset your password – you’ll need to do this within three hours, after that you’ll have to go through the process again
Note: If you don't get an email, check the address is the same one you use for your Box account. Also, check your spam folder.
- How do I leave comments and annotations in Box Notes?
You can apply annotations to lines of text in a document.
- Select the text you’d like to annotate and then click the annotation icon that appears on the left.
- Enter your note and click the Add Annotation button. The text will be highlighted with a yellow background and will show your annotation whenever another user rolls over it. Text with multiple annotations will be highlighted in a brighter, deeper yellow.
- You can only leave annotations if you’re an Editor or Co-owner of the document.
- You can also leave a comment on the entire document, by using the Comment button from the Files screen.
- Collaboration invites allow you to invite people to a folder and share content for long-term projects
- If you send a collaboration invitation to someone without a Box account, they'll be asked to sign up with Box before they can access the content
- With customisable permission levels, security settings and a website address that’s easy to copy and paste, you can use shared links to send important content both internally and externally.
- Unlike collaboration, anyone accessing your content through a shared link gets 'read-only' access and won’t be able to make changes to your files.
- How can I do a bulk edit of users?
The Box Business Admin Console allows you to download a file containing all users in an account, and make changes to them.
To make bulk edits to the users in a Business account:
- Sign in to the Admin Console and choose the Users tab
- Click Bulk edit from the menu bar – this will bring up the bulk edit users menu
- To download the file to your computer, click Download current < file format >file – once it’s downloaded you can make changes to it
- Save the file to an easy-to-access location on your computer
- Return to the bulk edit menu and click Upload updated file . This will apply any changes you made to your account
- How do I lock files while I'm editing them?
When you and your colleagues need to work on a file together you can show it’s being worked on by using Lock file to check-in/check-out.
- You can choose if you want others to be able to download the file while it’s locked or choose a time for the lock on the file to end so you don't need to unlock manually.
- Once you've finished your work, simply click Unlock and other users will be able to edit again. If you forget, any other collaborator with editing capabilities can unlock the file.
- If you need to edit a document with others, you can also create a Box Note or Google Doc from Box rather than a Microsoft Office document.
- What happens when I save a file using Box Edit?
After you’ve opened and revised a document using Box Edit, it's saved as a new version.
This replaces the existing version of the file automatically (it doesn’t save it as a new file), and you can access the older version in the version history.
- What happens if I’m editing a document using Box Edit and a collaborator opens the same document to edit it?
Box Edit creates two copies of the file on Box, so you can easily track changes separately and ensure all content is accurate.
- My files are gone! What can I do?
Don't panic – there are several ways to find and restore files that have gone missing:
Check your trash
When a file is deleted it will appear in the trash of the person who deleted the files and also the owner.
Not in my trash, now what?
- Your next step is to contact either the deleter or the owner of the files.
- For Box personal/starter/paid accounts, find this person and ask them to restore the files from their trash. In most cases you'll have received an email from us telling you who deleted the files.
- In any case, contact this user and instruct them to restore the files from their trash.
Medium-sized business and Enterprise users
Contact your Box administrator or IT team for help recovering those files.
You can find your administrator here – their email address will appear under 'Admin contact'.
They can identify what happened to those files as follows:
- Sign in to Box and go to the admin console reports tab.
- Run a report for deleted, moved, and renamed items. Under Groups, leave the field as Select group(s), this will run the report for all users in your enterprise. For the date range, run the report for when these files were last seen. A week or two is usually enough time for most deletions, searching for longer periodstakes more time.
- Export the report to the Box Reports folder in the administrator’s account (this may take a while for larger reports).
- Open the report in a program like Microsoft Excel and search for references to the missing files and folders.
- Ask the person who deleted the files to restore them by following the instruction in Can I restore files and folders from Trash?.
- If the content was moved out of a shared location, contact the person who moved the files and have them move them back.
- For Enterprise users your administrator might be able to sign in as this user and restore the content from their trash.
See this article for more details.
- Can I recover deleted files?
If some files that you’re syncing are accidentally deleted, you can use Sync's recycle bin to restore them.
- Right-click on the Box Sync icon in your menu bar and choose Box recycle bin
- You can click and drag anything from the Box recycle bin to your desktop, then back into Box Sync to restore it.
- I’m having problems with Box Sync. What can I do?
- Try disabling any firewall or anti-virus software temporarily, as these programs can disrupt your connection to Box (you may need to restart your computer). If this solves the problem you may need to configure your software to allow connection to Box.
- Box WebDocs will sync to the desktop, but you won't be able to interact with them as .webdoc is not a file type that Windows understands.
- Some files may not sync. This is usually due to special characters in the file that Windows does not support (\, /, ", :, <, >, |, *, ?). To sync these files you'll need to sign in online and rename the file.
- File types that can't be synced?
- Hidden files
- System files and folders
- Temp files and folders (with extension .tmp)
- Outlook storage files (.pst files)
- Box WebDocs (.webdoc files)
- Windows shortcuts (.lnk files)
- Quickbook files (.QBW, .QBW.ND and .QBW.TLG)
Note: Hidden folders will be synced but hidden files are not synced.
- Are you using a wireless connection?
- Try connecting directly, as weak or intermittent wireless signal can cause conflicts with the desktop sync folder.
- Restart the desktop sync folder software by right-clicking the icon in your menu bar, and choose 'Exit'. Then restart the app.
- Restart your computer.
- Can I restore files and folders from Trash?
The Box Trash folder allows you to recover files and folders that have been deleted.
- Deleted items are moved to Trash first and purged after 30 days but if you’re an account administrator you can change this purge period.
- Deleted items in Trash are still included in your total storage allocation.
- When items are deleted from a collaboration folder, both the owner and the user who deleted the item can recover it from the Trash. The item’s size will only be counted against the owner’s storage quota.
- How to recover items from Trash?
- Select Trash from the right sidebar on the All files and folders page in the Resources section and choose whether to recover the entire Trash folder or specific items
- To empty or recover the entire folder, select Delete all or Restore All from the top of the page
- To recover specific items, select the check box to the right of the items you want to recover and select Restore.
These elements will be restored along with the file:
- Share state (whether the shared link is enabled or disabled)
These will not be restored:
- Expiration setting on shared links
- Expiration settings for deletion
- I’ve got a problem restoring files. What’s wrong?
In rare cases a restore might be too large to bring back from the Trash. If this happens we'll be happy to help you recover those files. Get in touch with Box Support and tell us:
- The email address of either the owner or deleter of these files
- The time frame when these files were deleted eg between 8:00am and 8:30am on 1 August, 2013. This time frame can be pulled from an admin report or from the email that told you the files were deleted.
I still can't find my files
If you still can't find your files it could be because:
- The folder was a shared folder and you had your access removed. In this case you’ll need to contact the folder owner and ask to be re-invited.
- The files were emptied from the Trash, either manually or automatically. If this has happened, get in touch with Box Support.
- The files were never uploaded to Box. You might have uploaded these files to a different Box account or service, or there may have been a problem during the upload. If you're a Box Business or Enterprise user you can ask your administrator to run a report on all uploaded files.
Can't find what you're looking for?
Chat to us online
Not found your answer? Live chat is the quickest way to get in touch with us.
Start live chat
Live Chat - Busy
All our agents are currently busy, please try again later.
My O2 Business
Manage your account and check your bill.
My O2 Business
Manage your account and check your bill.