Using your phone in our Europe Zone
Going abroad? Good news. We cover roaming in Europe as part of our tariffs. So your minutes, texts, and data allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
This means that you'll be able to make and receive calls and send and receive texts within our Europe Zone, like you'd normally do in the UK.
We've gone even further than the new roaming regulations and added the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco to our Europe Zone.
- What about data?
When you use data in any of the 48 countries in our Europe Zone you have your full UK monthly allowance available to you. It’ll come out of your monthly allowance, just like it would in the UK, as long as you’re on an eligible tariff. Any data you use over your UK monthly allowance will be charged at our standard UK rate.
If you run out of data whilst in our Europe Zone, you can buy more - the options and cost are the same as in the UK. If you buy more data and don’t use it all before returning from our Europe Zone, you’ll still be able to use it when you’re back in the UK. If you buy more data in the UK and then go to our Europe Zone, you can also use it there.
Normal roaming charges will apply if you use your phone in a country outside of our Europe Zone.
- What’s included at no extra charge?
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Making calls and sending texts to the UK from our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts from the UK while you are in our Europe Zone.
- The same data allowance as when you're in the UK.
- Calling your voicemail and receiving voicemails.
- What’s not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK to other destinations (including the countries in our Europe Zone).
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers and other non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time).
- Making calls or sending texts from within our Europe Zone to a country outside of the Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
- What destinations are included in our Europe Zone?
Austria French Guiana Latvia Portugal Azores Germany Liechtenstein Reunion Belgium Gibraltar Lithuania Romania Bulgaria Greece Luxembourg Saint Barthelemy Canary Islands Guadeloupe Madeira Saint Martin Croatia Guernsey Malta San Marino Cyprus Hungary Martinique Slovakia Czech Republic Iceland Mayotte Slovenia Denmark Ireland Monaco Spain Estonia Isle of Man Netherlands Sweden Finland Italy Norway Switzerland France Jersey Poland Vatican City
Our Europe Zone extends beyond the destinations included in the new roaming regulations. We include the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco too. From time to time we might need to change the destinations included in our Europe Zone.
- How to get roaming in our Europe Zone, built-in
You may have got a message from us explaining whether or not you’re eligible for roaming built-in. If you're not eligible, you might need to move to a compatible tariff.
If you're on a compatible tariff, we’ll send you a welcome message when you arrive in a destination in our Europe Zone. All you need to do is make sure your data roaming is switched on, and any minutes, texts, or data you use will come from your UK monthly allowance.
- Other charges
Some calls and texts include an additional charge
Calling destinations outside our Europe Zone – 79p per minute
Sending an audio, video, photo message (MMS) – 40p
UK to other destinations - not included and will cost extra
Directory enquiries – not included and will cost extra
Non-geographic numbers/conference call numbers – not included and will cost extra
- Travelling outside Europe?
You’ll only be able to use your UK allowance in our Europe Zone. You can still use the Rest Of World 24 Hour/30 Day Pass to get all the calls, texts, and data you need outside Europe for just £7.50 for up to 24 hours or £99 for up to 30 days.
- Other travel options
- View our Fair usage policy
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.