Virgin Media and O2 Partnership | O2 Business
- What benefits do I get now Virgin Media and O2 have come together?
When you're with Virgin Media for business broadband and O2 Business for mobile, your services are supercharged with Volt. On top of your Virgin Media broadband, you can choose a broadband Speed Boost or Constant Connect with 4G broadband back-up. With your O2 mobile contract, pick Double Data on all Volt sims or one Mobile WiFi hotspot. These are on us and tailored to you when your business is with Virgin Media and O2.
- How do I become eligible for Volt?
To unlock your exclusive Volt benefits, you need to have Virgin Media Business Broadband and an O2 Business Small Biz mobile contract. Once you have both, you'll be eligible for the exclusive Volt benefits.
To activate them, Call us on 0800 028 0202 or request a call back
- Do I get exclusive Volt benefits when I join both Virgin Media and O2 Business?
Yes, when you buy Virgin Media Business Broadband together with an O2 Business mobile you will be able to get these exclusive Volt benefits:
- On top of your Virgin Media broadband, get either a broadband Speed Boost or Constant Connect with 4G broadband back-up.
- With your O2 mobile contract, choose either Double Data on all Volt sims or one Mobile WiFi hotspot.
They're on us and tailored to you when your business is with Virgin Media and O2.
- What are Constant Connect and Instant Connect?
You can find more details on Constant Connect with 4G broadband back-up and Instant Connect with 4G broadband start-up here.
- How do I unlock exclusive Volt benefits for my business?
If you are new to both Virgin Media and O2 Business please call our dedicated team on 0800 028 0202 who will help you unlock your exclusive Volt benefits.
- What products are available for purchase to unlock these benefits?
Eligible O2 Small Biz products:
- O2 Small Biz Handsets on 24/36 month contract 6GB, 20GB, 70GB, Unlimited
- O2 Small Biz SIMO on 12/24 month contract 6GB, 20GB, 70GB, 100GB, Unlimited
- O2 Small Biz Data Only Hardware on 24/36 month contract 10GB, 30GB, 150GB
- O2 Small Biz MBB SIMO (for MiFi/Dongle) 10GB, 30GB, 150GB
Eligible Virgin Media Voom Fibre Business Broadband (solus or bundle) on a 24-month contract:
- Voom 400
- Voom 600
- Voom 800
- Voom Gig1
- How long will Volt be available?
There's no end date, but Virgin Media and O2 reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer.
- What happens to my benefits if I leave O2 or Virgin Media?
If you choose to leave O2 by requesting a PAC or STAC, you'll lose access to your double mobile data benefit. However, you'll keep your 4G back-up for your Virgin Media Business Broadband. Likewise, if you choose to leave Virgin Media, you'll still keep your increased mobile data allowance from O2.
- How will my bills change?
Once you've unlocked your exclusive Volt benefits, you'll see 'Volt' and your increased data allowance (if you choose Double Data) under 'Services' on your O2 bill. If you choose Mobile Wifi, it will show as 'free', with any additional data charges included on your bill. If you choose to take a 5GB or above bundle with the Mobile Wifi option, the monthly subscription cost will be included in your bill.
You will see your Constant Connect benefit on your Virgin Media Business bill. This will show as a £0 charge for the '4G Back-up Service (Volt)'. If you choose a broadband Speed Boost, this will show as a £9 per month discount against the speed you receive. For example, if you obtain a speed boost on the Voom 400 product taking you to 600MB, you'll see a charge for Voom 600 at £42 with a £9 discount, with the final price being £33 per month.
- Can I switch to Mobile WiFi if I've already chosen Double Data?
Once you have chosen your mobile benefit, you will not be able to change it or choose a different one. If you want to swap to another benefit, you will need to take out a new contract.
- If I've already got Double Data with Volt, can I get it on subsequent sims?
Yes. If you choose the Volt Double Data Boost it can be applied on up to 9 sims (including those in devices). This can be applied all in one go or as the sims are added to your Volt account.
Large business or public sector
- I have an O2 business account manager. Will the way my account is managed change?
This won’t change and you’ll continue to be fully supported by your current account manager, however if you’d like to find out more about Virgin Media products or services, your account manager will be able to help.
- I have business services from both O2 and Virgin Media. Will my products and services be combined? And, can I get a better deal?
No – your O2 and Virgin Media business products and services will remain exactly as they are. You will continue to be billed separately.
Your existing O2 deal and existing Virgin Media deal won’t change. But you may like to know that we’re looking at what we can offer joint business customers in the future. You can register your interest here or speak to your account manager.