Tell a Friend Scheme – Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern this Offer. Instructions for valid purchases form part of the “Terms” which you will be deemed to have accepted if you participate. Please read the following Terms carefully and keep a copy for your information.
- To participate in O2’s Tell a Friend scheme you must ensure that you (“you”):
(a)Are a current O2 Pay As You Go customer excluding employees (and their immediate families) of O2 and any other company or person professionally connected with the scheme;
(b)only tell people you know who are over 16 years of age and UK residents;
(c)only send the text messages using the format recommended by O2 in accordance with these terms and conditions, to people who do not object to you contacting them;
(d)only tell individuals who have not previously been O2 customers and intends to use the O2 service on a regular basis (the “Friend”).
- During the Offer Period, your Friend must:
register their details to obtain an O2 Pay As You Go sim card (excluding O2 Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband, Tablet and iPad sims) using the link https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go or as otherwise notified by O2;
ii. activate the SIM Card provided to them either
(a) by topping up an amount of £10 or more (such an amount not including any free bonus credit); or
(b) by purchasing a Bundle with a value in excess of £10 and opt in to the scheme by sending the your mobile number to 21500 by no later than 08/03/2018; and
iii. not be barred or disconnected by us from using the Service before the Reward has been redeemed.
- You and your Friend(s) will get a £5 Amazon e-voucher (“Reward”) if the Friend completes a second top up (“Qualifying Top Up”) within 90 days of opting in to the scheme. A link to download the Reward will be sent by SMS to You and Your Friend within five working days of the Qualifying Top Up.
- We reserve the right to remove or not award the Reward where:
I. you have Participated in the Tell a Friend Scheme other than in compliance with these terms and conditions;
II. multiple SIM Cards have been activated or used in the same device;
III. where the Friend hasn’t used or continued to top-up their Account (as we may consider in our sole discretion);
IV. you have used methods of promotion or referral, or related strategy, that we (in our sole discretion) consider inappropriate, which shall include, but not be limited to:
a. infringing or violating trademark or other rights of O2 or any third party;
b. using promotional content other than provided to you by O2 which we deem inappropriate (and you shall forward any claims or complaints you may receive in connection with any promotional content to O2 immediately, and remove it immediately upon O2’s request);
c. O2 does not allow affiliates to bid on brand terms, nor are affiliates allowed to use these within a display URL in any PPC advertising. This also includes misspellings of the brand. Affiliates are now permitted to link directly to O2’s site. You must not bid on any terms relating to any competitor of O2. Any affiliates found to be doing so will be removed from the programme or not been awarded the Reward using sites that include an O2 trademark, or the terms ‘O2’, or any variation thereof in the main URL;
d. O2 reserves the right to approve affiliates on exceptional cases to bid on relevant keywords. Explicit approval is required and all keywords must be pre-approved by O2 but on after direct written approval from O2.
e. using sites that include a O2 trademark, or the terms ‘O2’, or any variation thereof in the main URL structure. You may include O2 as part of a subdirectory, or a subdomain;
f. impersonating O2 or promoting O2 in any way, including, but not limited to, via graphical images, logos, text or editorial copy, press releases or marks, that (i) could be interpreted to suggest that such content has been authored or otherwise provided by, or represents the views or opinions of, O2; (ii) is misleading, defamatory, libellous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; (iii) infringes, derogates, dilutes, or impairs the rights of O2 or any third party; (iv) refers to O2 but is used as part of a name of a product or service of a company other than O2; or (v) is used in any other manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions or with any provision of law. We may at our discretion ask you to modify your promotional material or clearly state that your site is not official and to include links to O2.co.uk.
g. using sexually explicit materials or hate/ violent/ offensive content;
h. promoting discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
i. promoting illegal activities or otherwise violate any applicable laws (this includes SPAM). If you want to send out any emails that advertise or promote O2, you will need O2's approval. Emails or other communications must comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant laws, in particular, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003;
k. using fraudulent means to prompt clicks; or
l. anything else which we might consider inappropriate and/or likely to bring O2 into disrepute.
- We will keep our right, title and interest in the O2 names, logos, trademarks, service marks and copyrights, including those that we may use or develop in the future. Any goodwill resulting from your use of O2's name, logos, trademarks, service marks and copyright will not create any right, title or interest for you.
- You shall provide us, on request, with any information we may reasonable require from time to time in connection with your referral activity.
- You confirm that:
I. your promotion of O2 does not (i) infringe on O2's or any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violate any applicable laws or regulations; (iii) contain defamatory or libellous material; (iv) contain lewd, pornographic or obscene material; (vii) contain viruses, Trojan horses, or other similar harmful schemes;
III. you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless O2 and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, from and against any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, injuries or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) brought by a third party, arising out of a breach, or alleged breach, of any of your representations or obligations.
- O2 may terminate the Tell a Friend scheme at any time, for any reason and if it notifies you of this you must immediately stop any referral activity and stop using O2’s name, logos, trademarks, service marks or creative work.
- All decisions by O2 on matters relating to the Tell a Friend Scheme are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Other important terms:
- No applications from organised groups, third parties, or agents, will be allowed. Incomplete applications or applications that are not in accordance with the participation or claim instructions will be rejected.
- Entitlement to the Reward is personal to either the You or your Friend and cannot be transferred, unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter. The Reward cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Responsibility is not accepted for applications damaged, lost, or delayed as a result of any computer hardware, network or software failure of any kind. Loss of Reward may result in the participants being unable to claim their Reward.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Reward for an alternative of equal or greater value. In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX