These online top-up terms and conditions govern your use of the Pay As You Go online top up service which is provided to you by Mi-Pay Limited (MIPAY). Please read them carefully.
WHAT IS THIS ONLINE TOP-UP SERVICE?
To use this online top-up service you will need to complete the online registration process. Successful registration to this online top-up service allows you to purchase airtime credit to a maximum value of £30 per transaction for your Pay As You Go mobile automatically according to the preferences and payment methods you have given. Once set-up, you can then manage your automated top-up account ongoing via www.o2.co.uk/myo2
- 2.1 You must ensure that the details provided by you during the registration process or at any time are correct and complete. You must only register your own credit or debit cards and bank accounts that you have the right to use.
- 2.2 To avoid having an interrupted top-up service, you must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to decline your application for a top-up account.
PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- 3.1 During the registration process you will have used your My O2 username and password. You must keep this username and password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities and top-up orders that occur or are submitted under your username and password. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your username or password you should notify us by contacting Customer Services.
- 3.2 If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of this online top-up service, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account at our discretion.
WHEN YOUR AGREEMENT WITH MI-PAY BEGINS
After you've registered and submitted all relevant personal information, we'll send you an email with a link. After you've clicked on this link within your email, this will complete to complete the registration process. Your agreement with Mi-Pay runs from the date of this email.
CHANGES TO YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US
We can change this agreement at any time by placing amended top-up terms and conditions on O2 website. We will give you reasonable notice of any changes. We will notify you of material changes directly, for example by email to the address you provided when you registered for the online top-ups. If you do not agree with the new agreement, you may stop using this online top-up service. If you continue to use this online top-up service after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of this online top-up service indicates you agree to the changed agreement.
ENDING YOUR AGREEMENT
- 6.1 You may end your agreement at any time. Go to MyO2 and you cancel your auto top-up services. If you have set-up a regular top-up, you will need to cancel this at least 24 hours before your next regular top-up is due. Or, if you set-up a low balance top-up, you will need to cancel this before you reach the minimum threshold amount at which you asked to be topped up again.
6.2 We may end our agreement with you at any time by giving you 30 days' notice. We may also end our agreement with you immediately if:
- (a) you do not pay us for your top-up,
- (b) you break an important term of your agreement with us (for example, you do not comply with paragraph 11),
- (c) you break any other term of your agreement with us and do not put it right within 7 days of us asking you to,
- (d) we reasonably suspect fraud or money laundering by someone using your top-up account(s) or your O2 mobile account(s),
- (e) you give us information about yourself which we reasonably believe to be false or misleading,
- (f) we are no longer able to provide this online top-up service to you despite trying to do so,
- (g) any of the circumstances in paragraph 6.3 occurs.
6.3 Under paragraph 6.2 (g) we can end our agreement with you immediately if:
- (a) bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings are brought against you, or an arrangement with your creditors is made, or a receiver or administrator is appointed over any of your property or belongings, or you go into liquidation,
- (b) one or more payments for top-up orders using your top-up account cannot be collected on time,
- (c) payments collected successfully by us for top-up orders using your top-up account are subsequently disputed by you or your card issuer or bank,
- (d) your Pay As You Go phone or sim has been barred or your Pay As You Go account is ended for any other reason.
- 6.4 When your Agreement with us ends, you must pay us for all outstanding top-up orders.
SUSPENDING YOUR USE OF THE ONLINE TOP-UP SERVICE
7.1 We may suspend this online top-up service immediately:
- (a) if we need to carry out repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new aspects to this online top-up service (and we will try to restore the online top-up service as soon as we can),
- (b) if we are told to by the Government, the emergency services or any other competent or lawful authority,
- (c) to protect you under paragraph 7.2, or
- (d) if any of the circumstances in paragraph
- 7.2 Sometimes, it may appear to us that there is an unusual use of this online top-up service (for example, the volume of top-ups loaded increases significantly and we reasonably suspect fraudulent use). If this does happen we may suspend your use of this online top-up service to prevent you from incurring excessive or unwanted charges.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 8.1 We store the payment details you provide to us during the registration process encrypted on a secure server.
- 8.2 During the registration process your credit and / or debit cards will be authenticated online by the card issuers using our secure facilities. Each time the details of your credit and / or debit cards are changed, they will be immediately authenticated online by the card issuer.
THE ONLINE TOP-UP SERVICE
- 9.1 When we provide you with this online top-up service, we will use the reasonable skill and care of a competent service provider.
- 9.2 We shall not be responsible for any delay or failure to provide this online top-up service for reasons beyond our control.
YOUR USE OF THIS ONLINE TOP-UP SERVICE
- 10.1 You must use this Online Top-up Service in accordance with your agreement with us and any other reasonable instructions we or O2 give you.
- 10.2 This online top-up service is a consumer service. If you do use the online top-up service for business or commercial purposes you will compensate us for all liabilities, claims, damages, losses and costs (including legal costs) which we may suffer because someone (other than you) makes or threatens a claim against us because this online top-up service is faulty or cannot be used by them.
CHARGES AND DELIVERY OF TOP-UP
- 11.1 If you pay by debit or credit card, payment is authorised on the debit or credit card registered to your online top-up account at the time you place your order.
- 11.2 Payments made using this online top-up service appear on your statement as O2 (UK)Ltd Prepay Slough. For direct debits, this will appear on the bank statement as "Mi-Pay Ltd Re: O2"
- 11.3 We may set an upper limit of total amounts you may top-up through your online top-up account and reserve the right to amend this limit at any time.
- 11.4 If you have selected regular top-up, your Pay As You Go mobile will be topped up on the day or date you have requested. If you have selected low balance top-up, your Pay As You Go mobile will be topped up by the amount you requested when your balance falls below a specified amount. This may take up to 4 hours for your mobile to be topped up after your balance falls below the specified amount.
- 11.5 When setting up a regular top-up, if you have selected your first regular top-up on the same day when you are setting this up, your automatic regular top-up may not be applied until the following week or month. When setting up a low balance top-up, if your balance is already below the amount when you want to be topped up automatically, your mobile will be topped up automatically the next time it falls below the specified amount.
- 11.6 Because, once you place your top-up request, we begin the process of providing the top-up to you, you cannot cancel your top-up request.
- 11.7 You must not knowingly request top-up using direct debit or a debit card where you have insufficient funds in your bank account or using a credit card where you have insufficient credit on your credit card.
- 12.1 We do not exclude or restrict our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence, (b) fraud, or (c) any of our liabilities that cannot by law be excluded or restricted.
- 12.2 We are responsible for direct losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement with you if the losses are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking this agreement. Our liability to you in relation to this online top-up service is limited to £250 for each top-up account that is affected (up to a maximum of £500 in any 12 months). We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage or which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits, wasted expense or loss of opportunity). If you suffer any loss you must let us know as soon as possible by contacting Customer Services.
- 13.1 If you have set up an automatic top-up using this online top-up service, make sure you cancel this service if you no longer use this sim or give this sim to another person. This means you no longer automatically top-up this sim so they must register for these top-up services themselves.
- 13.2 If any part of your agreement with us is found to be invalid by any Court or other regulatory or competent body, the invalidity will not affect the rest of the agreement, which shall remain in force.
- 13.3 Any notices or communications that you send to us must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any notices or communications that we send to you will be sent by email to the email address registered with your online top-up account. All notices or other communications will be deemed to have been received 24 hours after sending.
- 13.4 English law applies to your agreement with us, and any disputes about this agreement will be decided exclusively in the English courts.
- 13.5 After you've registered and submitted all relevant personal information, we'll send you an email with a link. To ensure we do not store details for longer than we need to, if you do not click on this link with your email within 28 calendar days (to complete the registration process) of receiving this, we may remove your pending account and details. You can still set-up an account for this service, but you will be required to complete the registration process again.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIS ONLINE TOP-UP SERVICE
- 1.1 We collect the details provided by you when you register and purchase top-up such as name, address, telephone number and email address together with information we learn about you from your use of this online top-up service. We collect personal information when you log-in and update your account details.
- 1.2 We also collect information about the transactions you undertake including details of payment cards used.
- 1.3 We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback or completing profile forms. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
- 1.4 We may monitor, record, store and use any SMS, telephone, email or other electronic communications with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us and to improve the quality of our service.
- 1.5 From time to time we will also monitor usage of our service for operational reasons and to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
2.1 The main reasons for which we collect and store your information are to:
- create an account for you to use this online top-up service
- provide you with this online top-up service
- understand how you use the online top-up service to help us improve our service to you
- update your account with changes that you have made or changes sent to us by your bank or card issuer
- check that you are a registered customer by requesting a password or PIN or other security information before allowing you to use the service
- record transactions made by you, for example, topping up mobile phone airtime
- collect payment from you
- customise the content and/or layout of our page for each individual user
- communicate with you to confirm transactions you have made or changes to your account details
- enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- 2.2 Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
- 2.4 We will pass your information to O2. In addition, information may be disclosed for the prevention and detection of crime. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customer is identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes. We will not otherwise pass your information to anyone else outside of O2.
2.5 We treat the information you provide to us with the utmost confidentiality and will only disclose it to third parties:
- in order to provide elements of our services (e.g. credit reference agencies)
- in order to receive professional advice
- in relation to the investigation or prevention of crime
- as may be required by law (including at the request of any regulatory body or governmental agency)
- 2.6 We will share your personal information with O2.
- 2.7 Sometimes O2 will contact you directly to resolve a query raised by you regarding the service. O2 may also use your personal data provided by Mi-Pay to contact you for marketing purposes (if you have opted into received these messages).
- Session Cookies: which are temporary Cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. This information is not stored after you have left the site.
- Persistent cookies: which remain in the Cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie but this may be indefinitely or until deleted).
- Web Beacons: which are electronic images known as Web Beacons (also called "clear gifs" or "web bugs") that allow us to count the number of users who have visited these Web pages.
- 4.2 Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. However, if you are an existing customer and you have logged onto this site and identified yourself as a customer, we may be able to connect your personal information with your cookie information.
HOW DO WE USE THESE ELECTRONIC DEVICES ON OUR WEBSITE AND WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 5.1 Session Cookies: we use Session Cookies to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information, during that particular visit. This information will not be available next time you visit our website.
- 5.2 Persistent Cookies: we use Persistent Cookies to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you next visit our website. The information stored may be recognised and used by our web-site next time you visit and we may use this information to personalise your visits and specifically tailor advertising and/or information directed toward you. This information may also be used to assist in the efficiency of the sign up process and to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website. Unless specifically deleted this information may be stored and accessed for an indefinite period of time. We cannot identify you personally in this way and we do not collect or monitor your customer information in conjunction with your Cookie information although we may collect and monitor your customer information in conjunction with your Cookie information.
- 5.3 Web Beacons : we use Web Beacons to collect only limited information including but not limited to, a Cookie number, which Web page you visited, the number of times you visited that Web page, the time and date you visited that Web page, the length of that visit and a description of the Web page which you visited and on which the Web Beacon resides. We use this information to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our website and to help us improve the structure of our website. We can also use this information to recognise whether you have visited our Website before. Unless specifically deleted this information may be stored and accessed for an indefinite period of time.
- 5.4 Disabling Cookies: If you do not wish to accept our Cookies or Web Beacons you can decline Cookies and/or Web Beacons and/or refuse access to previously stored information by using your web Browser. The facilities within your web Browser to allow you to do this will vary from Browser to Browser but they may be found in the "Privacy" or "Cookies" section of the "Properties" menu of your Browser. If you require assistance in disabling Cookies you should refer to the "help" menu within your Browser. Please note however, that you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of our Website if Cookies and/or Web Beacons are disabled.