Skip to main content
Additional Terms and Conditions for 4G Services
- These terms and conditions apply to anyone taking a service from us that provides access to 4G.
- These terms apply as part of your standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and in addition to our Pay Monthly Tariff Terms and Conditions which can be viewed at http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms.
- Access to our 4G services is only available on selected packages, ask in store or check on our website for more details.
- The 4G package will only allow you to access our 4G services in the UK. Roaming is not currently available with our 4G services.
- We reserve the right to implement 4G speed caps in future. Any details will be listed on our website.
- Our 4G services may be affected by the number of people using the 4G service, maintenance and upgrades, faults from other networks, the weather, other environmental factors or degradation.
- You should check our coverage checker at http://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker before signing up to our 4G services. This is an indication and prediction of outdoor coverage, but coverage may vary depending on time and location. Data reception and speeds may not be as good indoors or in a car. Radio-based mobile technologies can also be affected by local factors including buildings, trees and even weather conditions. The coverage checker is a guide and does not guarantee signal coverage. Check for live network updates in affected areas at http://status.o2.co.uk/.
- In order to access 4G Services you will need a 4G ready phone, 4G services package, 4G sim card and you may need to do a software update on your phone if it does not have the software required to access 4G services. You're responsible for ensuring you have inserted your 4G sim and installing a 4G software update on your phone (if required). You must follow any instructions we send you about accessing our 4G network. Visit www.o2.co.uk/4g/setup for more details.
- Once you have access to our 4G Services, you will be able to access mobile internet data over our 4G network whenever you are in a 4G coverage area. When in our other mobile data network areas (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/HSPA areas) you will still be able to access non-4G data over these networks as usual.
- Your data allowance (where applicable) will be used for all our different types of mobile data (for example Edge/GPRS/3G/HSPA areas) and will not differentiate between the types of mobile data you are using. The data allowance will not rollover from one month to another.