O2 Extras | Terms and Conditions | O2
Terms & conditions
O2 Extras (the “Offer”) – Full Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) govern this Offer. Participation and/or claim instructions form part of the Terms which you will be deemed to have accepted if you participate. Please read the following Terms carefully and keep a copy for your information.
- New and upgrading customers who make a Qualifying Purchase (a “Participant”) can claim an Extra, subject to acceptance of additional terms or eligibility criteria, as applicable to the Extra. An “Extra” is a subscription service to one of our Partners or a service made available directly by O2. A “Partner” is one of the brands mentioned below, except for International Bolt On, which is offered directly by O2. To activate Partner Extras you will have to sign up for a Partner account and agree to their terms and conditions of use. To activate the International Bolt On Extra you will need to agree to the International Bolt On terms and conditions. The International Bolt On Extra is a discounted international calling and texting service and charges apply. The Extras presently available and applicable terms and conditions are:
- Amazon Prime Video: https://www.primevideo.com/help/ref=atv_hp_nd_cnt?nodeId=202095490;
- Amazon Music Unlimited: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201380010&view-type=content-only;
- Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/legal/conditions-of-use?moduleId=201654400&pf_rd_p=7dc40d21-982f-463c-91dd-bb138461e869&pf_rd_r=Q7MWQKG9YEHEPKVARYMZ&ref=mn_anon-h_f6_cou;
- Cafeyn (formerly LeKiosk): https://cdn1.lekiosk.com/Public/Cafeyn/pdfs/legal/uk/legal_lk.pdf;
- MelodyVR: https://melodyvr.com/terms/;
- Calm: https://www.calm.com/en/terms;
- McAfee: https://www.mcafee.com/consumer/en-gb/policy/legal.html?tab=license.html;
- International Bolt On: https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-monthly-international-bolt-on-terms-and-conditions.
- The duration of the Extra (“Extra Period”) will be as set out in these terms or as otherwise communicated to you. Your Extra Period will commence on the date you redeem your Extra.
- One Extra per Qualifying Purchase only. Participants must select an Extra within 28 days of making a Qualifying Purchase. Participants must redeem the Extra within 28 days of selecting the Extra.
- Extras are subject to availability at the point of redemption, whilst stocks last. O2 reserves the right to amend this Offer at any time which may include the substitution of the Extra for a suitable alternative.
- Tariff eligibility criteria may apply which includes, but is not limited to, being a UK resident and being over 18.
- If you have an existing account for a subscription service offered by a particular Partner, you will not be eligible to select this Partner for your Extra. In these circumstances, you will be able to select one of the other available Extras.
- If you already have an Extra because you have made a Qualifying Purchase and at a point in the future you upgrade to another Eligible Tariff, you can either:
- Retain your current Extra for the balance of the Extra Period and select an additional Extra; or
- Re-select your current Extra at which point the Extra Period will reset and correspond to your new Eligible Tariff.
- Outside of Qualifying Purchases, customers on Pay Monthly Refresh, Standard Pay Monthly, Pay Monthly Sim Only and Mobile Broadband Refresh tablet contracts, including Staff Plans, can also choose to add a monthly rolling Partner Extra (“Standalone Extra”) at any time by paying the Standalone Extra Charge. Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music Unlimited and Audible cannot be selected as Standalone Extras, but this clause 8, together with clause 12, still applies to customers auto opted in to these Partner Extras following the Partner Extra Period. Billing for your Standalone Extra will commence on the date you select your Standalone Extra and will reoccur monthly (“Standalone Extra Billing Period”). Your charges will appear in your O2 bill. The “Standalone Extra Charge” is:
- Amazon Prime Video = £5.99/month;
- Amazon Music Unlimited = £9.99/month;
- Audible = £7.99/month;
- Cafeyn = £7.99/month;
- MelodyVR = £9.99/month;
- Calm = £5.99/month;
- McAfee = £4.99/month.
- O2 may change the Standalone Extra Charge from time to time; however, any price changes will apply to subsequent Standalone Extra Billing Periods following notice of the changes to you.
- Any purchases made within Partner applications are with a partner directly with and not chargeable via your O2 account.
- You will be auto opted in to the Partner Extra following the end of the Partner Extra Period at which point you will be charged the Standalone Extra Charge and will be considered a Standalone Extra customer. Charges will appear in customers’ O2 bill and the account holder will be responsible for payment. You will receive notification(s) advising you your Partner Extra Period is coming to conclusion. You can opt out of the Partner Extra at any point before the expiration of your Partner Extra Period through your MyO2 account or by contacting O2 Customer Service on 202.
- You can cancel your Extra at any time through your MyO2 account or by contacting O2 Customer Service on 202. Depending on the Partner, following cancellation the Extra will:
- continue to run up to the end of the Standalone Extra Billing Period; or
- terminate with immediate effect and you will receive a refund for the proportion of the Standalone Extra Billing Period which remains unused.
Presently termination occurs in accordance with scenario b above for all Extras. You will not receive a refund in relation to the International Bolt On Extra or if you terminate any Partner Extra within the Extra Period. Procedures in relation to termination and billing of Extras are subject to change without further notice to you provided they are no less favourable than set out above. In the case of Audible, you will lose any unused credits.
Eligibility & Participation
- To participate customers must make a Qualifying Purchase.
- A “Qualifying Purchase” is the purchase of an Eligible Tariff directly from O2 stores (including franchise stores), online at o2.co.uk or through our O2 Telesales between the offer dates set out in marketing communications or as communicated to you or in the absence of specified dates, the time period in which O2 makes the Offer available (“Offer Period”).
- “Eligible Tariffs” and corresponding Extra Periods for Partner Extras are:
- Pay Monthly on O2 Refresh with any handset with a tariff of 5GB to 29GB (inclusive) = 3 months Extra Period;
- Pay Monthly on O2 Refresh with any handset with a tariff of 30GB and above = 6 months Extra Period;
- 12 month and 18 month Pay Monthly Sim Only with a tariff of 12GB to 49GB (inclusive) = 3 months Extra Period;
- 12 month and 18 month Pay Monthly Sim Only with a tariff of 50GB and above = 6 months Extra Period;
- Mobile Broadband on O2 Refresh with tablets only with a tariff of 10GB to 49GB (inclusive) = 3 months Extra Period;
- Mobile Broadband on O2 Refresh with tablets only with a tariff of 50GB and above = 6 months Extra Period.
- The Extra Period for the International Bolt On Extras is 36 months or until you upgrade, cancel or leave, whichever is sooner. “Eligible Tariffs” and corresponding Extra Charges for the International Bolt On Extras are:
- Pay Monthly on O2 Refresh with any handset with a tariff of 5GB to 29GB (inclusive) = £1/month;
- Pay Monthly on O2 Refresh with any handset with a tariff of 30GB and above = £0/month;
- 12 month and 18 month Pay Monthly Sim Only with a tariff of 12GB to 49GB (inclusive) = £1/month;
- 12 month and 18 month Pay Monthly Sim Only with a tariff of 50GB and above = £0/month.
- O2 may, at its sole discretion, identify which devices or tariffs are eligible or no longer eligible for this Offer. O2 shall identify Eligible Tariffs in selected promotional material. Devices or tariffs may only be eligible for this Offer at certain times, so please check marketing material.
- Eligible Tariff that are purchased and returned within the Change-Your-Mind period, do not qualify for this Offer. Purchases made through a third party distributor other than nominated indirect channels are excluded and will not qualify for this Offer.
- Use of the Partner Extras requires compliance with and acceptance of Partner terms and conditions, a compatible device, internet access, and certain software, and may require obtaining updates or upgrades from time to time. Because use of the services involves hardware, software, and internet access, your ability to use the services may be affected by the performance of these factors. You agree that such requirements are your responsibility.
- Your Extra shall only be and remain valid if:
- you redeem your Extra;
- you do not return your phone or Tablet to O2 within the 14 day Change Your Mind period; and / or
- you do not default on payments during your agreement with O2 and otherwise do not disconnect your account.
- Your Extra will be terminated if your account is disconnected and the termination and billing procedures described in clause 12 will apply.
How to Claim
- When making a Qualifying Purchase, you will be given the option to:
- select your Extra at that time;
- select your Extra at a later date (within 28 days of making a Qualifying Purchase).
- If you select your Extra at the time of making the Qualifying Purchase, you will be sent a link via SMS and email to the selected Partner’s website for the purposes of redeeming the Extra (“Redemption Link”). You must redeem your Extra within 28 days of selecting the Extra. If your Redemption Link is still valid, you will be prompted to create an account with the Partner. No Redemption Link will be sent in the case of International Bolt On and your International Bolt On Extra will be activated by O2.
- If you choose to select your Extra at a later date, you will be sent a link via SMS and email to the MyO2 website. Within 28 days of making a Qualifying Purchase, you must login to MyO2 or register an account to select your Extra. Once you have logged in to MyO2, you can select your Extra. If you select a Partner, you will be sent to the Partner’s website via a Redemption Link. You must redeem your Extra within 28 days of selecting the Extra. If your Redemption Link is still valid, you will be prompted to create an account with the Partner. No Redemption Link will be used in the case of International Bolt On and your International Bolt On Extra will be activated by O2.
- Standalone Extras can be added at any time through MyO2 or by contacting O2 Customer Service on 202. Once you have logged in to MyO2, you can select your Standalone Extra. When you select a Partner, you will be sent to the Partner’s website via a Redemption Link. If you have contacted Customer Service, they will issue you the Redemption Link. If your Redemption Link is still valid, you will be prompted to create an account with the Partner.
Other important terms
- Qualifying Purchase will be subject to its own terms and conditions and eligibility criteria. Participants should familiarise themselves with these before participating in this Offer.
- No applications from organised groups, third parties, agents, macros or other automated means, will be allowed. Incomplete applications or applications that are not in accordance with these Terms or the application instructions will be rejected.
- Entitlement to the Extra is personal to the Participant and cannot be transferred. The Extra cannot be exchanged for cash or used to offset the price of any other service O2 or a Partner is offering.
- Responsibility is not accepted for applications damaged, lost, or delayed as a result of any computer hardware, network or software failure of any kind. Damaged to or loss of voucher may result in the Eligible Customer being unable to claim the Extra.
- Participants should retain a copy of their receipt as proof of purchase.
- O2 reserves the right to remove promotional material from circulation, amend these Terms or amend or withdraw the Offer at any point during the Offer Period. In the case of amendment or withdrawal a notice will be posted at the top of these Terms. In the event of unforeseen circumstances O2 reserves the right to substitute the Extra for an alternative of equal or greater value. In the event of any dispute the decision of O2 is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Offer or accepting or using the Extra, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- O2’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
- By participating in the Offer, all Participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms. These Terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and Claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms.
- Amazon, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music Unlimited and Audible and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: Telefonica UK Limited 260 BATH ROAD, SLOUGH, BERKSHIRE, SL1 4DX (“O2”)