My O2 Car Prize draw - terms and conditions
UPDATE: These Terms have been updated to clarify the eligibility criteria for this prize draw and to make certain terms clearer. This update, and these amended terms, are effective from 22/11/2016.
Eligibility and Entry:
For the Monthly Prize Draw entrants must be O2 Refresh
customers, (excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected
with this promotion) who have a consumer credit agreement in respect of their device plan which has not been settled by the Monthly Prize Draw Date in which the entrant's name was
drawn (“Monthly Prize Entrants”).
For the Top Prize Draw entrants must be customers of O2 who are UK residents aged 16 or over (excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion) (“Top Prize Entrants”).
Both categories of entrants enter by accessing the My O2 App, Desktop or web-service ("the Service") at least once in the
respective Qualifying Period and may enter as many times as
they choose to increase their chances of winning.
The Qualifying Period for Monthly Prize Draws is between
1 September 2016 and 31 December 2016 (from the 1st of the month in which the draw takes place up to 24 hours before the end of that month).
The Qualifying Period for the Top Prize Draw is from
1 September 2016 to 31 December 2016.
Monthly Prize Draws will take place on the last day of each month between 1 September 2016 and 31 December 2016.
O2 will notify the winner of the monthly prize draw on the O2 phone number associated with the winner’s MyO2 log in. The winner of the monthly prize will be notified within 2 weeks of the closing date for that month’s prize draw. If we don't
receive a response from you within seven days, we will pick
another winner. If the prize winner is unable to accept the
prize, the prize will be allocated to the second entry drawn.
The Top Prize Draw will take place on the 10 January 2017
(“Top Prize Draw Date”).
Our third party agency "The Competition Agency" will contact the top prize winner on the O2 phone number associated with the winner's MyO2 log in. If we don't receive a response from
you within seven days, we will pick another winner. If the prize winner is unable to accept the top prize, the prize will be
allocated to the second entry drawn. The winner will be
notified within the 30 days of the Top Prize Draw Date closing and The Competition Agency will make the purchase of the car.
There will be:
• 4 x monthly winners (1 winner per month) drawn from all
Monthly Prize Entrants received in the Qualifying Period of
each month; and
•1 x top prize winner, drawn from all Top Prize Entrants
received in the Qualifying Period for the end of the year draw.
The Monthly Prize is the opportunity to have an amount
equivalent to the unsettled portion of the Participant's own
Refresh consumer credit agreement (balance determined as at
the Prize Draw Date) credited to the customers air-time
If there is no unsettled portion on the monthly winner's loan
on the monthly prize draw date a new monthly winner will
"Top Prize" is a new car (up to the value of £40,000
("Maximum Car Value")). Top Prize does not include petrol,
warranties, insurance, tax or other associated costs. The
winner may select any "extras" when selecting the car subject
to the total cost not exceeding the Maximum Car Value and all
extras being supplied by the same car supplier who is selling
The Top Prize winner is responsible for selecting and arranging
the delivery of the car prize from their selected car supplier.
Payment to the car supplier will be awarded via a third party
agency The Competition Agency who will administer the Top
Prize Draw, liaise with the winner and arrange Top Prize
The Top Prize winner is responsible for taxing, insuring and all
other liabilities and responsibilities arising from the owning the
The Top Prize winner is not entitled to a cash prize. If the
winner selects a car with a lower value than the Maximum
Car Value, they are not entitled to receive the balance
between the car price and the Maximum Car Value.
If the Top Prize winner selects a car with a value in excess of
the Maximum Car Value, the winner is responsible for paying
the excess value.
If the Top Prize winner does not have a full UK driving licence
they will need to authorise someone over the age of 17 with a
full UK driving licence to arrange for the purchase of the car.
It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure that the have
valid documentation which includes, without limitation, a valid
insurance cover note to register the car and a current driver's
licence. The winner may choose to register the car in another
person's name subject to confirmation that the person has
correct and valid documentation.
- One entry each time an eligible entrant accesses the Service. The more times an eligible entrant accesses the Service the more times they will be entered in to the Prize Draws.
- The Prize Draw runs during the Qualifying Period. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the draw date or any subsequent draw either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at O2's discretion.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2's control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize Draw, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
- Entrants' data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Prize Draw.
- O2's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX ("O2").