Monthly Instagram O2 Alive Magazine Gig Competition – Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Entry Period: Entrants have until [5 p.m. GMT] on the 1st of each calendar month (“Closing Date”) to submit entries to be considered for printing in that month’s O2 Alive magazine (“Shortlisting”). All entries submitted prior to the Closing Date, whether within that particular month or before, shall be considered for Shortlisting.
Draw Date: The date of publication of the magazine each month.
Entry: Entrants must:
- be residing in the UK and be aged 16 or over;
- tag @O2Music in their photo on Instagram;
- follow @O2Music.
Entry is free and no purchase is necessary. Previously shortlisted entries will not be considered for Shortlisting in subsequent months. Up to eight shortlisted entries will be printed in the O2 Alive magazine. These are selected at our discretion from a creative and aesthetic perspective. The winner of the Prize will be selected at random from the shortlisted entries.
Prize: A pair of tickets to the winner’s choice of a gig at an O2 Academy venue, to be chosen from a selected list of gigs communicated to the winner by O2 upon notification of winning. Prize does not include travel or other hospitality. You will collect your tickets on the night of the gig.
- This Prize Draw is open to all UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this Prize Draw. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted.
- The Prize Draw runs during the Entry Period until the specified Closing Date each month. Entries received after the Entry Period will not be valid.
- Only one entry per person and per Instagram account is allowed per Entry Period. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for lost or delayed entries, entries incorrectly completed and/or entries incorrectly submitted (including, without limitation, due to a technical fault of any kind).
- Any images you submit should be your own picture in which you own all rights and must not infringe any third party rights.
- O2 does not claim to own the image(s) submitted as part of the entry into this Prize Draw and you will continue to own all rights in those images. You will have the right to use the images in any way you choose. However, by submitting or making available the images as party of the Prize Draw you agree to grant O2 a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, make available to the public, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the images worldwide and/or to incorporate the images in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full terms of any rights that may exist in the images as O2 may require. By submitting or making available the images to O2, you also agree to waive all moral rights in the images. O2 may (without notice to you) grant the same or other rights in respect of the images to third parties without payment which may include the right to see and sell, distribute or otherwise publish the images.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. O2 reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions, and O2 may require such information that it considers reasonably necessary to verify the eligibility of an entry before awarding any Prize.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Prize Draw, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- The winner(s) will be selected by random draw carried out by an independent person from the shortlisted entries per month. The winner(s) will be notified by direct message over Instagram (using details provided at entry) on or soon after the Draw Date. If within 7 calendar days of being notified by O2, a winner has not confirmed that he/she will accept the Prize, then that winner’s Prize will be forfeited and O2 will select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The winner will collect the Prize from the chosen O2 Academy venue on the day of redeeming the Prize. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified Prize (including, without limitation, lost or delayed notices, tickets or other documents relating to the Prize).
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of equal or higher value should the specified Prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond O2’s control.
- O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize (including in relation to any event cancellation, personal injury or death), except where it is caused by the negligence of O2. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue, accommodation and all other expenses. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Prize Draw, including the allocation of more Prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available Prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and county of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained within one month of the relevant Draw Date by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
- O2’s decision regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Prize Draw and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Prize Draw subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. By entering this Prize Draw, you are providing information to O2 and not to Facebook or Instagram and you release of Facebook and Instagram from any liability associated with this Prize Draw.
- This Prize Draw is governed by English Law and participants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).