O2 World Chat Prize Draw terms and conditions
- Promotion Period: The Promotion shall run from 29 November 2016 until 28 December 2017 (the “Promotion Period”) for the O2 World Chat Wednesday prize draws (the “Prize Draws”).
- Prize Draw Periods: Entrants can apply on each Wednesday during the Promotion Period following the O2 World Chat Wednesday push message (the “Push Message”) between the time when the Push Message is sent on the Wednesday until midnight on that same Wednesday for the separate Prize Draws (the “Prize Draw Periods”). Each Prize Draw will always end at midnight on the Wednesday in question (the “Closing Dates”). The winner(s) will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries within 3 days of the draw closing. The result of each Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry: To be eligible, entrants must be O2 World Chat customers who have downloaded and signed up for the O2 World Chat application and who have successfully completed and submitted the call to action set out in the Push Message in the relevant Prize Draw Period. Entrants must follow all entry instructions provided on the Push Message correctly. The entry requirement actions in the Push Message will vary from week to week but may include but are not limited to (i) texting “REPLY”, (ii) making a call through O2 World Chat, and / or (iii) topping up via O2 World Chat. The entrant may also apply by email in accordance with clause 14 of these Terms and Conditions.
Other important terms
- This Prize Draws are open to all O2 World Chat customers. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants and that the entry is not fraudulent. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
- Eligible entrants will be entered into a Prize Draw following confirmation that the entrant has completed the action set out in the Push Message. Only one entry per entrant is permitted.
- Entrants can enter free of charge for any Prize Draw during the Prize Draw Period by emailing WorldChatSupport@o2.com.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this Prize Draw, however normal data charges or call rate charges apply if you are completing the action in the Push Message on a mobile device.
- The entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions and in the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- By taking part, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- The Prize Draws runs during the Promotional Period for the specified Prize Draw Periods until the Closing Date for eligible entrants. Entries received after the end of the relevant Prize Draw Period Closing Date will not qualify you for entry into a Prize Draw.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner(s) is unable to use the prize. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
- The winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entrants and a supplementary winner(s) may be drawn randomly at O2’s discretion from all other eligible entrants. The winner(s) will be notified within a reasonable time after the end of the Prize Draw Period (usually two weeks) using the entrant’s phone number or email address provided. The prizes are awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if the winner(s) do not respond within 14 days of the original email, then the prize will be deemed unclaimed or unaccepted and an alternative winner(s) will be randomly selected at O2's discretion from all other eligible entrants. This process shall continue until the prize has been allocated.
- The winner(s) will be emailed their prize within 14 days accepting the prize.
- O2 will not be responsible for any the inability of any prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. The prize is not transferable.
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of a Prize Draw, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend any or all Prize Draws; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all eligible entrants.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with a Prize Draw and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and general area of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the O2 World Chat Team, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX and marked with the name of the Prize Draw.
- Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing the Prize Draws.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Prize Draws and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Prize Draws subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The Prize Draws are governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of the Prize Draws is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX.