12 Months of Prime Introductory Promotion for Fire Phone terms and conditions (ended 31 December 2014)
Last Updated: September 8, 2014
Until December 31, 2014, Fire phone comes with 12 months of Prime included.
When does this promotion expire?
This is an introductory offer that will be available until December 31, 2014.
How quickly does my new Prime membership begin after I purchase a Fire phone?
Prime membership benefits are applied during registration of your Fire phone. For online purchases on Amazon.co.uk, registration occurs typically when the device is shipped, unless it is marked as a gift. For gift purchases and for purchases from authorised resellers in the United Kingdom, registration occurs during device setup. Once your Amazon.co.uk account is registered on the device, membership is effective immediately. You will receive an email as confirmation that Prime benefits have been applied to your account.
What if I'm already a Prime member?
You're still eligible. Prime members who purchase a Fire phone will receive an additional year of Prime when their existing membership is up for renewal. For example: if your next renewal date is September 1, 2015 and you purchase a Fire phone, we will give you an additional year of Prime at no charge, making your next paid renewal date September 1, 2016.
If I buy more than one Fire, will I get more than one additional year of a Prime membership?
Yes, you will receive one year of Prime for each Fire phone you purchase. For example: if you buy three Fire phones and register all three devices under a single account, we will apply three additional years of Prime to your account.
I have more than one Amazon.co.uk account, which one is eligible for one year of Prime?
For online purchases on Amazon.co.uk, we will apply the Prime membership to the account used to purchase the device. For gift purchases and for purchases from authorised resellers in the United Kingdom, you will be prompted to enter your Amazon.co.uk account information when registering your device, and we will apply the Prime membership to this account.
Are Amazon Student members eligible?
Yes, Amazon Student members are eligible. Amazon Student members will have the option of keeping their Amazon Student membership and receiving a year extension of that membership type applied to their account or changing to Prime and receiving a year of Prime applied to their account. After registering their Amazon.co.uk account with their Fire phone device, Amazon Student members will have the option to adjust their membership settings within Your Account > Your Prime Membership.
Are Amazon Family members eligible?
Yes, Amazon Family members will remain Amazon Family members and receive a year of Prime applied to their account.
What if I am in an Amazon Student free trial or a 3-month Amazon Family free trial?
You are eligible. When you register your device, we will immediately upgrade you to a full year of Amazon Student (with Prime benefits) if you are in a Student free trial, or immediately upgrade you to a full year of Amazon Family (with Prime benefits) if you are in a 3-month Amazon Family free trial.
Are Prime Instant Video Monthly members eligible?
You are eligible. When you register your device, we will immediately upgrade you to a full year of Amazon Prime.
What happens if I return my Fire phone?
Once your return has been processed, the unused portion of your promotional Prime membership (that came with your device purchase) will be cancelled. This will not affect any portion of your paid Prime membership.
- If you were a new Prime member with the purchase of your Fire phone, your promotional Prime membership will be cancelled.
- If you were an existing Prime member and you have not begun your promotional year of Prime with your Fire phone purchase, your promotional year will be cancelled and you will continue with your existing Prime membership.
If you were an existing Prime member and you have begun your promotional year of Prime with your Fire phone purchase, the following will occur:
- If you have auto-renew setting turned on, your promotional year of Prime will be cancelled and you will be renewed into a paid year of Prime at £79.
- If you have auto-renew setting turned off, your promotional year of Prime will be cancelled and you will no longer be a Prime member.
What if I use my Fire phone but then later decide to give or sell it to another person? Do they get a year of Prime as well?
No, only the first Amazon account registered to your Fire phone (during the promotional period) will get a year of Prime applied.
Will I be charged once my year of Prime runs out?
Whether you will be charged depends on your membership settings. If you elected to continue with your Prime membership in the past, you will continue your membership and be charged the respective membership fee at the end of your promotional period. If you have not elected in the past to continue your membership, your membership will end unless you manually renew it by editing your membership settings within Your Account > Your Prime Membership.
What happens if my device is repaired or replaced under warranty?
Your Prime will continue from when you first registered your original Fire phone device. You will not receive a second year of Prime if you receive a warranty replacement device.
How can I tell if Prime has been applied to my account?
Please check your auto renewal date within Your Account > Your Prime Membership on Amazon.co.uk. Your new renewal date should be reflected in your account.
What if I have more questions?
If you have additional questions that are not covered in this FAQ, please contact our online customer support here.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- This offer of one year of Amazon Prime has a £79 value. The offer is not exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- This offer is available to customers located and with billing addresses in the United Kingdom.
- This offer is valid until December 31, 2014 and may be modified or cancelled at any time.
- Normal data charges apply when accessing Prime Instant Video and other digital content over the cellular network.
- Please see www.amazon.co.uk/primeterms for the terms and conditions that apply to your Prime membership. By registering your Amazon account on your Fire device or using your Prime benefits, you agree to the Prime Terms & Conditions.
- Amazon Prime is a service of Amazon EU S.à.r.l. and Prime Instant Video is a service of Amazon Instant Video Limited.
Amazon Coins Introductory Promotion for Fire Phone
Last updated: September 8, 2014
Until December 31, 2014, Fire phone comes with 800 Amazon Coins (a £8 value) for apps, games and in-app purchases. Plus, you can save up to 10% on apps, games and in-app purchases by purchasing Amazon Coins.
Amazon Coins may be used by United Kingdom customers to purchase eligible apps, games, and digital in-app items. Learn more about Amazon Coins.
Additional Terms & Conditions
- Limited time offer available until December 31, 2014. 800 Amazon Coins bundle will be added to your Amazon account when you register your Fire phone.
- Limit one bundle of 800 promotional Amazon Coins per Fire phone.
- Promotion is available only to United Kingdom customers.
- Amazon Coins can only be used to purchase eligible products through the Amazon Appstore. Coins are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Your 800 Amazon Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month one year after we give them to you (for example, promotional Amazon Coins we give you on October 15 will expire on October 31 of the following year).
- If you return or receive a refund for the Fire phone, we may revoke your 800 Amazon Coins (or, if you have already spent those Coins, deduct the same number of other Coins from your account or charge your credit card or other payment instrument for any products you purchased using those Coins).
- This promotion is void where prohibited by law.
- We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion at any time without notice.