O2 Protect terms and conditions to 14 Dec 2014
- The O2 Protect application (the "App Service") can help to protect your device from viruses and protectyou from losing your device and the information on it.
Anti-virus facilities: If you have this feature enabled, the App Services could protect your device from malware and spyware. It can scan files and applications as they are installed or accessed, automatically scan your entire device including any additional memory cards on the device on a periodic basis, and regularly update your threat definitions. In order to perform these functions, we need to collect information about the applications and files present on your device, the results of any scans performed by our services, and actions you take as a result of scanning. We use this information to provide you with the Anti-Virus services so that we can provide better protection from security threats, help people better understand mobile applications and their devices, and improve the App Services. Please note that O2 does not warrant that all files and applications will be detected. Certain detections that may be classed as suspicious may be acceptable for your device.
Loss prevention facilities:The purpose of this facility is to help you find your device if it is lost.If you think your device has been stolen, please report it to the police and your service provider so that appropriate action can be taken. The App Service helps you:
- a. Find your device and secure your data if it is lost or stolen.
- b. locate your device on a map using location information provided by your device through GPS or the network;
- c. activate a loud scream even if your volume is turned down to find a device lost nearby;
- d. provided you have downloaded the App Services and correctly configured them, wipe your device of its data, or lock or unlock your device.
- e. sim change self-lock: to set your device to lock itself if someone tries to use another sim card in it; and
- f. sim change self-wipe: to set your device to wipe itself if someone tries to use another sim card in it.
- Save for the 'sim change self-lock' service, your device needs to be on and in an area of coverage so that it can receive ansms in order for the App Services to work.
- O2 shall not be responsible for the unlawful or irresponsible use of this App Service in any way that is contrary to these terms and conditions. You are responsible for your device and the App Service at all times. You will take all reasonable steps to prevent others from misusing the App Service. You can only use the app for your own purposes if used for anyone else you are doing so for their consent.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password at all times. We recommend a strong password that you do not use with other services. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change your password immediately by o2protect.co.uk.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the email address associated with your account is accurate. O2 is not responsible for personal data transmitted to a third party as a result of you providing an incorrect email address.
Use of your information:
c. What types of information the Anti-Virus facility will collect:
- i. Information about the type of device you are using and the operating system you are running. We collect information about the applications on your device in order to conduct a scan. We also may collect information about how applications behave on your device (e.g. is an application sending premium-rate text messages that charge money to your device bill) and the network services your applications communicate with in order to determine if any applications are behaving maliciously (e.g. is an application talking to a server known to host phishing websites).
- ii. Information about scans and scan results. Each time O2 performs a scan, we collect information that describes what files and applications are identified by the scan as potentially undesirable and your remediation choice (e.g. uninstall or ignore).some of the information may be required or requested by the customer.
- iii. The app will also collect addition data in logs which are stored on the device. We may ask you to email these to us to help us with any fault diagnostics.
- d. The App Service may be managed by O2's carefully selected third parties.
- Prices and Promotions: Charges may vary depending on when you have registered for the App Service. Promotions may be available from time to time which may only apply to new customers. If you cancel the App Service and re-subscribe for it, you may not be able to receive any prior prices or promotions. If you downgrade your App Service, your price will change at the end of the month; however, the downgrade to the App Service will occur straight away. Prices may vary between different mobile network operators.
Payments and cancellations:
- a. To continue the service and set up the monthly payments you need to confirm via sms that you're signing up and we'll set up sms billing. You need to do this during the free trial period. After the 30 day initial free trial, the App Service will automatically end, you can then go back to the website or the app and request to sign up which will also set up your monthly payment by
- b. You agree to a monthly subscription and only one free trial per mobile number. Payment will be taken at the beginning of month and monthly thereafter. We will text you three days before we take payment. You will be billing via Premium sms on your bill. For Pre pay customers this will be taken out of credit.
- c. You can't view your payment history, however, you can view the SMS we have sent you to cancel your payments. The service will stop at the end of the month.
- d. If you have not had any activity on your App Service for more than 30 days for chargeable services and 60 days for free services, O2 reserves the right to cancel your subscription upon notice to you.
- e. If you upgrade and downgrade or uninstall/reinstall the App Services repeatedly, O2 may cancel your service at its discretion.
- f. O2 may cancel your App Service subscription if you have not paid your monthly subscription.
- Cancelling your account: Your payments for use of the App will continue in effect unless and until you cancel your account or we terminate it. You must cancel your account before it renews each month, in order to avoid billing of the next month's fees. If you wish to cancel your account, you can do so by sending ansmsor via the app. Please note that deleting the application from your phone will not stop the billings you need to stop it with in the app or send a text with the correct keyword. Should you choose to cancel your account, please note that you will not be issued a refund for the most recently (or any previously) charged monthly or annual fees.
- You are responsible for ensuring your App Service is kept up to date and that you are always using the latest version.
- O2 may modify these terms and conditions from time to time. Any and all changes will be posted on o2protect.co.uk and you agree to be bound by any changes to the terms and conditions when you continue to use the App after those changes are posted.
- You agree that O2 may terminate or suspend your access to the App Services without prior notice and without liability if such termination or suspension is based on O2's good faith belief you have violated any of these terms and conditions andO2's determination that you repeatedly infringe or have infringed the copyrights of others. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies O2 may have.
- O2 reserves the right to terminate the App Services at any time, with or without notice or liability.
You may not use the App:
- a. for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any laws, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property, data protection and privacy, and import or export control;
- b. to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App Services, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the App Services, or features that enforce limitations on use of the App Services;
- c. to intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the App or any user's enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, worms, or other malicious code;
- d. to post, store, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which infringes any patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or any other proprietary or intellectual property rights;
- e. for commercial purposes;
- f. to hack, scrape or mine any materials;
- g. in any manner that can damage, disable or impair the App Service or interfere with others' use of the App Service;
- h. to use any automated means to access the AppServices for any purpose without our express written permission or bypass other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the App Services or modify the App Services in any manner or form, nor to use modified versions of the App, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorised access to the App Services; or
- i. sell or transfer or allow another person to access your account password or App Services account.
- The App Service and any third party software services or applications made available in connection with the App Service are provided 'as is', without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, O2 and its suppliers or partners disclaim all warranties that the functions contained in the App Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected or that the App Service will meet your requirements. You are solely responsible for any damage to your device, loss of use or loss of data. O2's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action arising out of your use of the App Services shall not exceed the amounts paid by you for accessing the App Service.
- O2 shall not accept responsibility for matters outside of its reasonable control.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless O2, its affiliated companies, and its suppliers and partnersfrom any and all claims, actions, losses, costs, damages, and any other liabilities, including attorneys' fees, arising out of or related to (a) your use or misuse of the App Service, (b) any violation of the rights of any other person or entity by you, or (c) any breach or violation by you of these term and conditions.
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions you are also agreeing to the Junos Pulse End User Licence agreement (EULA) which can be found at https://o2protect.co.uk/ident/junos_pulse_eula.pdf
- These terms are governed by UK law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.