Text & Web launch
Text and Web Terms and Conditions
- Available to Pay As You Go customers.
- Introductory offer ends 31.10.09.
- New customers must activate their sims by this date to receive from the introductory offer. Existing customers must opt into Text and Web by this date to receive the Introductory offer.
Text and Web introductory offer gives you either:
- a. Unlimited inclusive UK texts provided you have topped-up between £10 and £14 in the previous month; or
- b. Unlimited inclusive UK texts and an inclusive Unlimited Web Bolt On provided you have topped-up £15 or more in the previous month.
- If a new or existing customer has opted into Text and Web within the Introductory offer, they will continue to receive this offer when they top up monthly. If the customer then opts out of Text and Web introductory offer and into another O2 tariff, they will not be able to opt back into the Text and Web introductory offer.
After the introductory offer ends, new or existing customers joining Text and Web gives you either:
- a. 300 inclusive UK texts provided you have topped-up between £10 and £14 in the previous month;
- b. 500 inclusive UK texts and an inclusive Unlimited Web Bolt On provided you have topped-up between £15 and £29 in the previous month; or
- c. Unlimited inclusive UK texts and an inclusive Unlimited Web Bolt On provided you have topped-up £30 or more in the previous month.
Inclusive texts on Text and Web can be used for texts made in the UK to 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone and 3, and providers such as Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and BT Fusion), all provided that O2 may exclude from your inclusive allowance texts made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share.
Inclusive texts can not be used for texts made in the UK to:
- a. non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05) which are charged separately; or
- b. non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive texts, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man).
- The inclusive Unlimited Web Bolt On can be used in the UK only for your unlimited use (subject to this excessive usage policy) of Telefónica O2 UK's GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone.
All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- 1. in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
- 2. to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or
- 3. in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
- If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy, O2 reserves the right to impose standard browsing charges (see www.o2.co.uk for details), impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
- You must have a GPRS handset and your SIM must be GPRS enabled in order to use the Unlimited Web Bolt On.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a minutes or text allowance, your Text and Web allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On allowance.
- Eligible customers may change tariffs every 30 days. Existing customers may switch to Text and Web but please note customers who are currently on the Original or Talkalot tariffs will be moved to our new Talkalot rates if they opt in to Text and Web. You will not be able to switch back to Original or Talkalot if you do this.
- To switch to Text and Web, send a free text message from your O2 phone with the keyword "TEXTANDWEB" to 21300. You will receive a text message within 24 hours to confirm that your current inclusive monthly allowance will be replaced with Text and Web. Text back "TEXTANDWEB STOP" if you want to STOP this tariff switch, otherwise your request will be processed within 48 hours.
- Customers successfully transferring to Text and Web from another monthly inclusive allowance will not be activated until their next anniversary date, providing they have met the minimum top-up requirements.
- By switching to Text and Web customers are agreeing to replace their current inclusive monthly allowance with Text and Web inclusive monthly allowance. Any unused allowances will be lost and will not rollover to your new tariff. Customers can only have one tariff's inclusive monthly allowance active at any time.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Text and Web terms, If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.
- Talkalot 08 terms and conditions also apply from 18th Feb 2008.
- Unlimited allowances are subject to an excessive usage policy