We're closing TU Go
TU Go is closing on 30th November 2017. You'll be able to use it up until then but you'll need to make sure you've saved any messages or images that you don't have elsewhere as the app won't work after this date. With O2’s launch of Wifi and 4G Calling on many current and new devices, it now means that you can make and receive calls whenever you are connected to wifi without the use of an additional app.
The following phones will allow you to make a wifi call wherever you have a wifi signal, without the need for an additional app:
iPhone X, 8, 7, 6S, 6, and SE (including Plus models)
Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge and Note 8 *
Sony XZ Premium, XZ1 and XZ1 Compact*
*Android devices must be using O2 firmware in order to work with Wifi Calling. You can find out how to get set up and check if your device is compatible at the following links -
We’re continuing to extend the range of Wifi Calling compatible handsets we offer.
Other ways to make calls over wifi
Don’t have a Wifi Calling compatible device? Not ready to make the change? You could still keep in touch over wifi through some alternative apps. Whether you want to video call family in Australia or send photo messages to your mates, there are apps out there to keep you in touch with the people that matter the most to you. Check out the Apple app store or Google Play store for them.
If you're travelling in Europe, calls, texts and data are now included at no additional cost in our Europe Zone, allowing you to Roam Like At Home.
If you're going further afield we also offer our 30-day Rest of World pass.
About TU Go
- What's TU Go?
TU Go is a free app that lets you use your O2 number on your phone, tablet and laptop.
It's just like using your phone. Sign in to TU Go using a wifi connection, to get your calls, texts and voicemail on up to 10 devices. The person you're talking to doesn't even need to have the app.
Our latest version of TU Go now supports 3G and 4G connections, so you can use keep using TU Go for calls, texts and voicemails whenever you have mobile data available. If you want to use mobile data for TU Go calls, you just switch it on in Settings.
- How much does TU Go cost?
Calls and texts you make through TU Go cost the same as on your mobile and come out of your monthly allowance.
- The app also uses a small amount of data to sync your timeline and voicemail – make sure you're connected through wifi, so you're not using your mobile data allowance.
- If you switch on Calls over 3G/4G in TU Go Settings, TU Go calls will use up your mobile data allowance, as well as your call/texting monthly allowance.
- If you've used up your calls, texts or data allowance, you'll be charged at the standard rates.
- Notifications on TU Go
If you're signed in to TU Go on your phone, you'll get a text notification from your phone and another one from TU Go.
You can change this in the app's Settings – just switch text notifications off and you'll stop getting TU Go notifications for new texts.
Once you've signed up, you'll also get notifications in TU Go for any voicemails that you receive. You can turn voicemail off entirely (for TU Go and your mobile) from TU Go's settings.
- Other services supported by TU Go
Premium rate numbers and text short codes aren't supported in TU Go. To use these, you'll need to use your phone as normal.
While calls and text messages to sensitive numbers (like support helplines/charities) may not appear on your bill for anonymity reasons, the TU Go Timeline will show a record across all signed-in devices. For your privacy, we recommend deleting these records from your TU Go Timeline so they can't be seen by anyone else.
TU Go may work on devices like Bluetooth headsets, through wifi boosters or app simulators for other operating systems, but we're unable to help with issues on devices or operating systems that we don't support.
Setting up TU Go
- How do I get TU Go?
You can get TU Go on:
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (with iOS 5.0 or higher)
- Android phones and tablets (with Android 2.3 and later)
- Windows phones (with Windows Phone 8.0 or above)
- PCs (with Windows 7)
Download the app onto your device from:
- Apple's App Store
- Google Play
- Windows Phone Store
- Download TU Go PC version for Windows 7
Download the app onto your phone, tablet or PC and register with your O2 Business mobile number. It doesn't have to be installed on your phone for you to receive calls.
You can download the app as many times as you like, but you can only be signed in on a maximum of 10 devices at one time.
- How do I create a TU Go account?
Tap Register to start creating your TU Go account. You'll need to be able to receive a text to sign up, so make sure you've got signal and keep your O2 phone handy.
Signing up for TU Go will make some changes to your O2 account – we ensure voicemail is switched on for your phone number (you can switch this off again from the app). All call forwarding or diverts you had will be turned off while your TU Go account is active. And you'll also see a TU Go Bolt On in My O2 Business.
Using TU Go
- How do I manage when TU Go is on or off?
TU Go includes a clear on/off switch in the bottom right hand corner of the app.
- When you want TU Go to be active for all calls and texts just make sure this is switched on (it goes blue to show TU Go is active).
- Just press it again to switch it off. If TU Go is off and you make a call or send a text from within the app, it will automatically make it active again.
- Using Tu Go for emergency calls
If you make a 999 call from the TU Go app on your phone, the app will close and the call will be attempted over our network. If you're using TU Go to make an emergency call on an iPhone, you'll need to press 'Yes' on the popup window that appears.
However, if you're using a tablet or any wifi-only device that can't make mobile network calls, you'll be able to use TU Go to make an emergency call if you're connected to wifi.
- Can I use TU Go abroad?
Yes. When you're abroad, people can call you via TU Go by dialling your mobile number as usual.
- If you call or text on wifi only, it'll cost the same as if you were in the UK, and come out of your monthly allowance.
- Calls to international numbers will be charged at the usual UK rate.
- If you leave your data switched on, TU Go's Timeline and voicemail will keep syncing over the mobile network and you'll have to pay the roaming charges for using data abroad, which can be very high.
- If you switch on Calls over 3G/4G in TU Go settings, making and receiving TU Go calls may also incur roaming charges.
To avoid charges, switch off your data roaming:
- iPhone users: tap Settings, General, then Mobile data and slide Data roaming to& off
- Android users: tap Settings in your apps menu, select Wireless & Networks then Mobile networks and uncheck the Data roaming box
If you switch on Calls over 3G/4G in TU Go settings, TU Go calls will use up your mobile data allowance, as well as your call/texting monthly allowance.
If you've used up your calls, texts or data allowance, you'll be charged at the standard rates.
- Why does my TU Go not work?
You're on a tariff which doesn't support TU Go
You can switch to another tariff and enjoy all the benefits of TU Go with the devices you already have. You'll need to speak to the person who's responsible for your bill to get it switched to an eligible tariff. Or if you pay your own bill, contact us direct on 0800 977 7337 or 8002 from your O2 Mobile.
You already have another service which won't work with Tu Go
Some network-based apps such as Just Call Me from O2 are not compatible with TU Go. TU Go will tell you that it's not compatible and you can then choose which app you want to keep. Remember that since TU Go is free to download, you can get it back any time.
You have an international call bar or premium bar on your account
You'll need to contact the person who's responsible for your bill to ask if you can get the bar on international calling or the bar on premium rate numbers removed. If you set up the account yourself, you can make new arrangements by contacting us direct.
- You're on a tariff which doesn't support TU Go
You can switch to another tariff and enjoy all the benefits of TU Go with the devices you already have.
You'll need to speak to the person who's responsible for your bill to get it switched to an eligible tariff. Or if you pay your own bill, contact us direct on 0800 977 7337 or 8002 from your O2 mobile.
- You already have another service which won't work with Tu Go
Some network-based apps such as Just Call Me from O2 are not compatible with TU Go.
TU Go will tell you that it's not compatible and you can then choose which app you want to keep. Remember that since TU Go is free to download, you can get it back any time.
You'll need to contact the person who's responsible for your bill to ask if you can get the bar on international calling or the bar on premium rate numbers removed.
If you set up the account yourself, you can make new arrangements by contacting us direct.
- Why can’t I get a good connection to TU Go?
To make calls over TU Go you’ll need a good wifi connection – TU Go calls may sound distorted if the connection drops in quality.
Make sure the hotspot you're using isn't being shared by lots of users or being used for high-bandwidth services.
Your call will drop if you move between different wifi hotspots or you move out of coverage.
We don't recommend using TU Go on open or shared connections that aren't password protected. Try using a secure connection at home or work that's protected with a password.
- How can I remove the TU Go app?
You can clear your TU Go Timeline history by marking all of your timeline conversations and selecting Delete.
You can also sign out of specific devices by going to TU Go settings, then Account and Log out.
You can delete the TU Go app from your devices, but if you wish to permanently delete your TU Go account as well, go to Settings, then Account, and Delete account. This will permanently delete all your data. You won't be able to get your Timeline back if you sign up for TU Go again in the future.
- I’ve forgotten my password to TU Go – what can I do?
If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it from the TU Go app:
- From the TU Go home screen, tap Existing user
- Enter your phone number and tap Forgot password
- We'll text a code to your phone
- Type the code into TU Go, and you'll be able to reset your password
Can't find what you're looking for?
Give us a moment
We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.