Travelling in Europe | O2 Business
Travelling in Europe
Our standard tariffs come with roaming in our Europe Zone
Using your phone in our Europe Zone
When travelling to Europe, unless you have a special tariff, roaming in our Europe Zone will be included in your UK allowance. So your minutes, texts, and data will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
You'll be able to make and receive calls and send and receive texts, like you'd normally do in the UK.
We've got roaming options for businesses with more than 500 employees too. You can find out more here.
Roaming in Europe benefits
Roaming in Europe is part of our standard tariffs.
Your minutes, texts, and data allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
Roam using your phone across 48 destinations and call and text back to the UK at no extra cost.
Our Europe Zone includes all EU/EAA countries and the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco.
More information about roaming in Europe
What about data?
When you use data in any of the 48 countries in our Europe Zone you have your full UK monthly allowance available to you. It’ll come out of your monthly allowance, just like it would in the UK, as long as you’re on an eligible tariff.
If you run out of data whilst in our Europe Zone, you can buy more - the options and cost are the same as in the UK. If you buy more data and don’t use it all before returning from our Europe Zone, you’ll still be able to use it when you’re back in the UK. If you buy more data in the UK and then go to our Europe Zone, you can also use it there. If you haven’t bought a Bolt On then any additional data you use over your UK monthly allowance will be charged at our standard UK rate.
If you’re on an unlimited data tariff, you’ll be able to use up to 35GB data in our Europe Zone during your monthly bill cycle. If you use more than 35GB, you can continue to use data, but you’ll be charged 0.2p per MB. On some of our tariffs we have a £36 data overage cap for using data whilst in the EU, to protect you from a surprise bill when you return from your trip. If you’d like to remove the cap, get in touch. For more details see your Terms and Fair Usage Policy.
What’s included at no extra charge?
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Making calls and sending texts to the UK from our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts from the UK while you are in our Europe Zone.
- The same data allowance as when you're in the UK.
- Calling your voicemail and receiving voicemails.
What’s not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK to other destinations (including the countries in our Europe Zone).
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers and other non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time).
- Making calls or sending texts from within our Europe Zone to a country outside of the Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
Which destinations are included in our Europe Zone?
|Canary Islands||Guadeloupe||Madeira||Saint Martin|
|Estonia||Isle of Man||Netherlands||Sweden|
*Not including Northern Cyprus
**Voice and text service only in Mayotte and Reunion
Our Europe Zone includes the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco. From time to time we might need to change the destinations included in our Europe Zone.
How to get roaming in our Europe Zone, built-in
If you're on a compatible tariff, we’ll send you a welcome message when you arrive in a destination in our Europe Zone. All you need to do is make sure your data roaming is switched on, and any minutes, texts, or data you use will come from your UK monthly allowance.
If you’re not on a compatible tariff, contact Customer Services or your Account Manager to see if you can move to one that allows you to use your UK minutes, texts and data in our Europe Zone, just like you do at home.
Some calls and texts include an additional charge:
- Calling destinations outside our Europe Zone – 79p per minute
- Sending an audio, video, photo message (MMS) – 40p
- UK to other destinations - not included and will cost extra
- Directory enquiries – not included and will cost extra
- Non-geographic numbers/conference call numbers – not included and will cost extra
Customers with 500 employees or more, you can check our standard rates here.
Travelling outside Europe?
Worry free roaming in 96 destinations outside Europe with our Rest of World Pass giving you calls, texts and data. Find out more here