Travelling in Europe | O2 Business
Travelling in Europe
Our standard tariffs come with roaming in our Europe Zone
Using your phone in our Europe Zone
When travelling to Europe, unless you have a special tariff, roaming in our Europe Zone will be included in your UK allowance. So your minutes, texts, and data will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
You'll be able to make and receive calls and send and receive texts, like you'd normally do in the UK.
Roaming in Europe benefits
Roaming in Europe is part of our standard tariffs.
Your minutes, texts, and data allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.
Roam freely using your phone across 48 destinations and call and text back to the UK at no extra cost.
Our Europe Zone includes all EU/EAA countries and the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco.
More information about roaming in Europe
What about data?
When you use data in any of the 48 countries in our Europe Zone you have your full UK monthly allowance available to you. It’ll come out of your monthly allowance, just like it would in the UK, as long as you’re on an eligible tariff. Any data you use over your UK monthly allowance will be charged at our standard UK rate.
If you run out of data whilst in our Europe Zone, you can buy more - the options and cost are the same as in the UK. If you buy more data and don’t use it all before returning from our Europe Zone, you’ll still be able to use it when you’re back in the UK. If you buy more data in the UK and then go to our Europe Zone, you can also use it there.
If you’re on an unlimited data tariff, you’ll be able to use up to 35GB of data. On some of our tariffs we have a £36 data overage cap for using data whilst in the EU, to protect you from a surprise bill when you return from your trip. If you’d like to remove the cap, get in touch.
What’s included at no extra charge?
- Making calls and sending texts within our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts in our Europe Zone.
- Making calls and sending texts to the UK from our Europe Zone.
- Receiving calls and texts from the UK while you are in our Europe Zone.
- The same data allowance as when you're in the UK.
- Calling your voicemail and receiving voicemails.
What’s not included?
- Making calls or sending texts from the UK to other destinations (including the countries in our Europe Zone).
- Making calls or sending texts to premium rate numbers and other non-geographic numbers (which can vary over time).
- Making calls or sending texts from within our Europe Zone to a country outside of the Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
Which destinations are included in our Europe Zone?
|Canary Islands||Guadeloupe||Madeira||Saint Martin|
|Estonia||Isle of Man||Netherlands||Sweden|
Our Europe Zone extends beyond the destinations included in the new roaming regulations. We include the Channel Islands, Switzerland and Monaco too. From time to time we might need to change the destinations included in our Europe Zone.
How to get roaming in our Europe Zone, built-in
You may have got a message from us explaining whether or not you’re eligible for roaming built-in. If you're not eligible, you might need to move to a compatible tariff.
If you're on a compatible tariff, we’ll send you a welcome message when you arrive in a destination in our Europe Zone. All you need to do is make sure your data roaming is switched on, and any minutes, texts, or data you use will come from your UK monthly allowance.
Some calls and texts include an additional charge:
- Calling destinations outside our Europe Zone – 79p per minute
- Sending an audio, video, photo message (MMS) – 40p
- UK to other destinations - not included and will cost extra
- Directory enquiries – not included and will cost extra
- Non-geographic numbers/conference call numbers – not included and will cost extra
Travelling outside Europe?
Worry free roaming in 96 destinations outside Europe with our Rest of World Pass giving you calls, texts and data. Find out more here