More connected, on any device
- Download for free.
- Call, message, share media and more, all over wifi.
- Stay in touch when you’re out of mobile coverage. Even on the Underground.
- Use your O2 number on up to 10 devices.
- Connect over wifi when you’re abroad, and call and text back to the UK at no extra charge
- Your contacts don’t even need the app to stay in touch.
- Get your calls and texts on your tablet or laptop, when you’re out of battery.
- Make video calls to other TU Go users (web and Android).
Check your tariff and device
On O2 Pay Monthly? Then you can start enjoying the benefits of TU Go.
TU Go is unavailable for Just Call Me, Mobile Voice Recording and Mobex customers.
You can get TU Go on the following devices:
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (with iOS 8 or higher).
- Android phones and tablets (with Android 4.0 or higher).
- Desktop web browsers using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox.
- PCs (with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1)
- Android Wear and Apple Watch.
Download and register
Download the app to your smartphone or visit Tu Go for web and register. You’ll need to be able to receive a text to your phone to sign up, so make sure you’ve got signal and keep your phone handy. Signing up for TU Go will make some changes to your O2 account – we make sure voicemail is switched on for your phone number (you can switch this off again from the app). All call forwarding or diverts you had will be turned off while your TU Go account is active.
Get more connected
Install the TU Go app on up to 10 of your devices and start enjoying the benefits today.
Get the TU Go app now from
- How TU Go works
TU Go is a free app for Pay Monthly and Business customers. It lets you use your O2 number on all your devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart watches and laptops.
It's as easy as using your phone. Sign in to TU Go using a wifi connection to get your calls, texts and voicemail on up to ten devices. The person you're talking to doesn't need the app.
Our latest version of TU Go also lets you use the app on a mobile data (3G/4G) connection. If you want to use mobile data for TU Go for calls, texts or voicemails you can switch this on in TU Go Settings.
TU Go also supports video calling and group messaging. To use video calling, start a voice call from TU Go. Once the call starts, an icon for video will appear. Tap this to upgrade the call to video. To start a group message, simply tap the group icon to add contacts. Non-TU Go contacts will receive a text invite with a link to join the conversation.
- Getting TU Go
TU Go is available on:
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch (with iOS 7 or higher)
- Android phones and tablets (with Android 4.0 and later)
- Windows Phones (with Windows Phone 8.0 or above)
- PCs (with Windows 7,8 and 8.1)
- Desktop web browsers using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Opera
Get TU Go from:
- Apple's App Store
- Google Play
- Windows Phone Store
- Download TU Go PC version for Windows 7,8 and 8.1 (see How to get it section above)
- TU Go for Web - Available on desktop web browsers using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Opera
Download the app and register with your Pay Monthly number. You can download the app as many times as you like, but you can only use TU Go on up to ten devices.
TU Go calls and texts cost the same as usual and come out of your monthly allowance. Sending images and other media costs no more than a text and also come out of your monthly allowance.
Group messages are free, with just an initial text to non-TU Go users to invite them to the group. This initial text will come out of your allowance. Video calling is charged as a normal voice call, and will come out of your allowance.
The app also uses a small amount of data to sync your timeline and voicemail, so use wifi where you can. If you switch on calls over mobile data in TU Go Settings, TU Go calls will use your monthly allowance of mobile data as well as your allowance for calls and texts.
If you've used up any of your allowances, you'll be charged at the standard rates.
If you're signed in to TU Go on a smartphone, you'll get a text notification from your phone and another one from TU Go. You can change this in the app settings - just switch Text notifications 'off' and you'll stop getting TU Go notifications for new texts.
Once you've signed up, you'll also get notifications in TU Go for any voicemails that you receive. You can turn voicemail off entirely (for TU Go and your mobile) from TU Go's settings.
- Using TU Go abroad
When you're abroad, you can receive calls via TU Go. People can call your mobile number as usual.
If you call or text over wifi, it will come out of your monthly allowance and cost the same as in the UK. Calls to international numbers will be charged at the usual UK rate, including calls to the country you are in. For example, calls you make whilst in Spain to a Spanish number will be charged as an international call from the UK to Spain.
If you leave your data switched on, TU Go's timeline and voicemail will sync over the mobile network. You'll have to pay roaming charges for using data abroad, which can be very high. If you switch on calls over mobile data in TU Go Settings, making and receiving TU Go calls may also incur roaming charges.
To avoid data charges, switch off your data roaming.