Student Railcard Offer ("The Offer") Terms and Conditions
This Offer is run by Telefónica UK Limited having its registered office at 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX ("O2"). Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions govern the Offer.
- The Offer is open to students who have purchased any one of the connections set out in 2 below who are aged between 18 – 25, or over 25 and in full time study and have requested the 20% off student discount ("Eligible Customer").Whilst the rail card is available for students from the age of 16, to be eligible for an O2 Refresh Connection you must be 18 or over.
- Eligible Connections are:
- O2 Refresh Connection for a mobile handset with 24 Month Minimum Airtime Connection ("Mobile Connection");
- Mobile Broadband Connections of O2 Refresh; and
- Tablets purchased on an O2 Refresh with a 24 Month Minimum Airtime Connection ("Tablet Connection")
- Eligible Customers who purchase an Eligible Connection and have requested the 20% discount on or after 14th April 2016 and before 00:00 31st January 2017 ("the Offer Period") will be entitled to claim 1 free annual 16-25 Railcard ("Free Railcard") only. Customers purchasing multiple Eligible Connections will not be entitled to more than 1 Free Railcard.
- To claim your Free Rail Card you will need a code for use on www.16-25railcard.co.uk.
- For customers purchasing a Mobile Connection please download the O2 Priority App to obtain your code.
- For customers who have purchased a Mobile Broadband Connection or Tablet Connection, we will send you're a code within two to four weeks of receipt of the unique UNiDAYS code which you sent to activate your 20% discount ("Railcard Code").
- Once you have received your Railcard Code just go to www.16-25railcard.co.uk and click, Buy Now, follow the instructions and type your code in when it asks.
- You must claim your Free Railcard within 2 months of the date of connection. Any claims made after this date will not be eligible for the Free Railcard. Where you have purchased a Mobile Broadband Connection or Tablet Connection please ensure you apply your UNIDAYs discount in time to receive your Railcard Code within this 2 month period.
- Use of the Free Railcard is subject to the ATOC Limited terms and conditions set out in Appendix 1 to these terms.
- The offer is subject to availability O2 reserves the right to extend or shorten the Offer Period at any time and or change or withdraw this Offer at any time.
- The Free Railcard is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services and is not transferable or assignable.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The Offer is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Railcard Terms & Conditions
Conditions of issue and use of the 16-25 Railcard and reduced priced tickets ('discounted tickets') bought with a 16-25 Railcard
ATOC Ltd enters into the contract for the issue and use of the 16-25 Railcard on behalf of the Train Companies. Reference to a 'Train Company' or the 'Train Companies' means those Train Companies which, pursuant to a franchise agreement, operate Passenger Railway Services in Great Britain. Any other licensed passenger train operators that may join the arrangement will accept the 16-25 Railcard for travel on their services.
- You must sign the Railcard before use to show acceptance of all the conditions as stated here.
- You must be aged 16-25 years old to purchase Railcard. Mature students are also eligible to purchase the 1-year Railcard if over 25 years old and in full time education (with valid proof). 3-year 16-25 Railcards are available online only and may be purchased up until the day before your 24th birthday.
- The Railcard and tickets bought with it are not transferable and must not be given, loaned, or resold to anyone else.
- Railcards purchased online will incorporate your photograph. If you have a Railcard that does not incorporate your photograph, you must carry a separate 16-25 Photocard (or where appropriate a 'Permit to travel without Photocard') and you must present this in any circumstance where you present your Railcard (buying tickets or travelling with reduced priced tickets).
- Tickets for your journey should be purchased before boarding the train and when buying tickets you must show the Railcard.
- You must carry your Railcard with you on your journey and when asked by rail staff, you must show a valid ticket and valid Railcard. If you fail to do so, you will be required to pay the full price Standard Single fare for your journey as if no ticket was purchased before starting the journey and in some cases a Penalty Fare. This does not apply if there was no ticket office at the station at which you began your journey or if the ticket office was closed and there was no ticket machine from which you could buy a discounted ticket.
- A £12 minimum fare applies for journeys starting between 4.30am-10am Monday to Friday excluding Advance Fares. This minimum fare does not apply on Public Holidays or throughout July and August.
- The Railcard will not be valid if it is damaged. The Train Companies do not undertake to issue refunds on unused/unwanted Railcards, or to extend their validity. In the event of loss or damage an application for the replacement of a Railcard may be made: where the original Railcard was purchased at a rail station this may only be requested at a staffed station ticket office (the completed 'Receipt' voucher from the original application form must be produced); where the Railcard was purchased online, customers may only request a replacement online.
- Only one replacement may be issued in a 12 month period for lost or damaged Railcards and a £10 administration fee is payable. No fee will be charged for the replacement of a stolen Railcard provided you have a crime reference number/documentation issued by the Police. You will be requested to show some form of identification if obtaining a replacement from a station.
- The Railcard and all tickets issued at a Railcard discount are issued subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage and the conditions listed here. Copies of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage are available online at www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/46427.aspx
- The Railcard does not become your property and if requested must be handed in to a representative of any Train Company.
- The right is reserved to revise these Conditions. The Train Companies will endeavour to give three months' notice of any changes before they are due to come into effect.
Fraudulent use of Railcards and Railcard discounted tickets may lead to criminal prosecution.
As long as you are aged 25 at the time that the Railcard is purchased, you may still travel at the discounted fare throughout the validity period of the Railcard, even if you become 26 years old during that time. Likewise, 3-year 16-25 Railcards purchased online up until the day before your 24th birthday will be valid for a full 3 years.