Sony Xperia Z1 & Sony QX10 Smart Lens Pre-order Offer Terms and Conditions
This Offer for the supply of the Sony QX10 smart lens (the "Lens") when pre-ordering a Sony Xperia Z1™ is organised and hosted by O2 from 5th Sept 2013 to 20th Sept 2013, or while stocks last (the "Promotion Period").
In addition to the General Terms and Conditions for entry by O2 and Sony Legal Notice including User Terms and Privacy Notice available at www.sony.com/Legal, you hereby accept and agree that the following rules may apply without limitation to the Offer. In addition, any instructions on how to enter this Offer form part of these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of doubt Sony Mobile Communications, 202 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 7DN involvement in the Offer is solely the supply of the Lens to O2 and directing and linking via hyperlink, Participants to the O2's website.
Terms & conditions
- To participate in this Offer you (hereinafter "You" or the "Participant") need to pre-order to purchase the Sony Xperia™ Z1 on O2 during the Promotion Period, Each Participant needs to comply with the specific entry registration requirements set out by O2 (each an "Entry"), including paying a deposit.
- The Promotion Period during which you may participate and claim Lens in accordance with these terms and conditions is from 5th September 2013 00:00:00 to 20th September 2013 23:59:59, or until stocks last.
- This Offer is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, aged 16 and over only.
- This Offer is specifically related to the purchase of the Sony Xperia™ Z1 at O2 and on pre-order only.
- This Offer excludes agencies and other parties professionally connected with the Promoter but will be available to employees of the Promoter taking advantage of the Offer in their personal capacity.
- Participants under 18 must have parental consent to take part.
- The Lens can only be claimed by the actual purchaser of the Sony Xperia™ Z1 at O2 unless specifically stated by O2 in writing.
- All cases of goods forming part of this Offer (being Lens, mobile device and any other accessories) being damaged upon delivery to the Participant must be reported to O2 within 24 hours.
- This Offer and in particular the supply of the Lens is strictly limited to 2,500 pre-orders and orders of the Sony Xperia™ Z1 on O2 with actual stock available dependent on stock allocated to particular stores, online and voice channels. There are 2,125 black QX10 smart lenses available and 375 white QX10 smart lenses available, however white will only be available through online & voice channels.
- The Lens will automatically be allocated to a pre-order of a handset while the specific channel has stock, after which time You can order the handset without the Lens or check availability online.
- Only one (1) Entry in respect of the Offer per Participant will be accepted. Each Entry must include correct information regarding Participant, as required by O2.
- In the event complete and correct information is not provided, the Entry will be considered incomplete and therefore invalid. Invalid Entries will not be accepted as valid participation in the Offer.
- In the event that Your pre-order and purchase is received by O2 while stock of the 2,500 Lens' is available The Lens allocated will be the same colour as the handset. Very limited stock is available of the white handsets and these will only be available in online and voice channels. In the instance that your requested Lens colour is not available, but an alternative is, the alternative will be given. While stock of the 2,500 Lens' is available a Lens will be dispatched directly to you in accordance with Your delivery instructions or will be given to you at point of purchase.
- If You cancel Your pre-order of the Sony Xperia™ Z1 at any time, You will no longer be eligible to participate in the Offer. If You have already received your Lens, You agree to return the Lens to the channel in which you purchased it in resalable condition, with the original packaging and handset, as well as any other items being returned. If the Lens is damaged and such damage is as a result of Your own neglect, mishandling or maliciousness, or if You fail to return the Lens to O2 You will be liable to pay the Promoters a sum equal to the full value of the Lens when new and selling at full price.
- This Offer is subject to the availability of the Lens at time of your pre-order with O2 during the Promotion Period;
- The Lens is as stated and is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. No cash alternatives are available, and the Promoter reserves the right to remove the Offer at any time.
- The Lens is supplied with a warranty from the manufacturer. It is Your responsibility to contact the manufacturer or visit the manufacturer's website in order to register Your Lens for the full manufacturer's warranty. No other warranty is provided.
- All Participants are responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by them as a result of participation in the Offer (including without limitation the purchase of the Sony Xperia™ Z1 , costs for claiming the Lens and sending a sms, mms or accessing the Internet if applicable). Costs to enter the Offer via the Internet may vary so please check with Your local service provider for current charges.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoters or Sony Mobile Communications for for Lens under this Offer if the Lens has been lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, or undelivered, whether due to technical difficulties affecting electronic communication or else.
- Any personal information, including, without limitation, the Participant's name, age, address (including postcode), mobile phone number and/or email address will be used solely in connection with this Offer and will not be disclosed to any third party except for the purpose of this Offer (including subsequent promotions as stated in these Terms and Conditions) or fulfilling Lens Prizes where applicable. The Sony Privacy Notice displayed at http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/legal/ under "Privacy" applies to any processing of data performed in connection herewith. Participant agrees to keep his user name and password secure and not to divulge it to any third party.
- Sony Mobile Communications will not be responsible for any failed connection by the Participant's attempt to access this Web-site or the Participating Retailer's website for whatever reason.
- Participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
- A. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTER OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY (INCLUDING SONY MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS) INVOLVED IN ARRANGING, HOSTING, CREATING, PRODUCING THE OFFER OR DISTRIBUTING THE HEADSET, OR PARTICIPATING RETAILER (IN AN RETAIL CHANNEL) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN REALTION TO THE OFFER IN ANY MEDIA OR RETAIL CHANNEL.
- B. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PROMOTER'S LIABILITY OR OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE OFFER AS STATED IN A. ABOVE SHALL FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER BE LIMITED TO MAXIMUM EUR 100.
- C. THE PROMOTER NEITHER ENDORSES NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT IN RESPECT OF THE OFFER, NOR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY OR OBSCENE POSTING MADE IN REALTION TO THE OFFER IN ANY MEDIA OR RETAIL CHANNEL. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England
- Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX. For the avoidance of doubt Sony Mobile Communications, 202 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 7DN involvement in the Offer is solely the supply of the Lens to the O2 and directing and linking via hyperlink Participants to the O2 website. Details correct at the time of publication and are subject to change without prior notice if circumstances make this unavoidable.