Samsung Galaxy S5 Upgrade from S4 Offer terms and conditions
Help to upgrade early for selected customers with a Samsung Galaxy S4 who are still in contract
Upgrade early onto a new Samsung Galaxy S5, using O2 Recycle to contribute to your early upgrade fees, with O2 funding any difference. This is available to Eligible Customers only.
If an Eligible Customer is on a standard Pay Monthly tariff their existing subscription fees will be paid off automatically.
If the customer is on an O2 Refresh package they will need to pay off their existing Phone Plan up front. We will then recycle their Samsung Galaxy S4. The amount the customer has paid to end their Samsung Galaxy S4 phone plan will then be placed as a credit against their new airtime plan. If the customer wants to, they can call our customer service team free from their mobile on 202 and request a refund of the credit that has been raised. Alternatively, they can request their recycle value to be paid into their bank account and we will apply the balance of their phone plan settlement as a credit on their new airtime account. Again, if the customer wants to they can call our customer service team free from their mobile on 202 and request a refund of the credit that has been raised.
You're an 'Eligible Customer' if:
- you're an existing O2 consumer Pay Monthly or O2 Refresh customer with a Galaxy S4 purchased with O2 directly ( via an O2 shop) or Indirectly ( through CPW,P4U or other O2 indirect Partners)
- you receive an email or SMS directly from us inviting you to call us to take advantage of an offer, or we call you directly and ask you if you would like to take advantage of the offer
- you have between 12 to 15 months left on your current initial term contract; and
- you wish to sign up and are eligible for an O2 Refresh 24 month term tariff with a Samsung Galaxy S5 (consisting of a 'Phone Plan' and an 'Airtime Plan') from us (see full terms at O2 Refresh - Phone Plan and terms and conditions).
The offer is only available if you recycle an eligible Samsung Galaxy S4. The phone will be eligible if:
- The phone is fully functional
- The phone does not have any obvious damage
- The phone has not been water damaged
The upgrade early onto a Samsung S5 is not available if you want to sign up to a simplicity, sim only tariff or a non-O2 Refresh Pay Monthly tariff.
Upgrade early onto a Samsung S5 full terms and conditions
- If you are an Eligible Customer, and you accept all of the terms and conditions of the offer listed here, we will allow you to end your existing Pay Monthly or O2 Refresh contract early and upgrade.
- If you are on Pay Monthly we will off-set the normal early termination charges of your monthly subscription charge multiplied by each complete month remaining of your minimum term, less any applicable discount, by applying an equivalent amount in credit. This will be made up of your device recycling credit and a credit from O2 ("ETC credit"), provided that if you exercise your rights as set out in clauses 8 or 10, below, the ETC credit will be removed from your bill. If you are currently on O2 Refresh your credit will be applied as follows: you will need to pay off your existing Phone Plan first. We will then recycle your Samsung Galaxy S4. The amount you have paid to end your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone plan will then be placed as a credit against your new airtime plan (including the O2 Recycle credit and any extra amount you have paid out) (together the "Previous Phone Plan Credit"). If you want to, you can call our customer service team free from your mobile on 202 and request a refund of the Previous Phone Plan Credit that has been raised. Alternatively you can request your Phone Plan Credit to be paid in the following way: you can request the recycle value to be paid into your bank account and we will apply the balance of your Phone Plan Credit as a credit on your new airtime account. Again, if you want to you can call our customer service team free from your mobile on 202 and request a refund of the credit that has been raised.
- Before you can end your existing contract under this offer you must:
- a. Sign up for a new 24 month term O2 Refresh tariff with the Samsung Galaxy S5 consisting of a Phone Plan on a consumer credit agreement and an Airtime Plan on our standard Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement where the combined monthly payment on the Phone Plan and Airtime Plan are equal to or greater than the current plan you are on today; and
- b. If you are transferring from a standard Pay Monthly agreement (not O2 Refresh), you understand and agree that if you change your mind you won't be able to go back to your previous airtime tariff, and the ETC credit applied under paragraph 2 above will be removed from your bill in the event that you cancel completely as set out in paragraph 9 below. If you are transferring from an O2 Refresh tariff you understand and agree that we may ask you to refund the element of your Previous Phone Plan Credit that has been paid by us and was not covered by the cost of recycling your Samsung Galaxy S4. However, you'll still have the right to change your mind about the phone and/or choose to pay for your phone in full rather than on a Phone Plan.
- This offer is available for Eligible Customers via Customer Services over the phone.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you will not be able to take this offer if you are signing up for a new handset tariffs not on O2 Refresh.
- If you are not an Eligible Customer then you will not be able to take this offer and will need to pay the full remaining monthly subscription charges for the remainder of your minimum term if you wish to end your contract during your minimum term.
- If you take up this offer, any unused call/text allowances on your current tariff will be lost. You won't be able to move back to your old tariff after you've upgraded.
- When you take an O2 Refresh Phone Plan through this offer, you can change your mind about which phone you take in the first seven working days or you can cancel your entire O2 Refresh package (both Phone Plan and Airtime Plan) as part of our standard 'Change Your Mind' policy. This means you can:
- a. change your phone for a different phone available on O2 Refresh (which may involve signing up to a different Phone Plan and/or paying a different up-front payment); or
- b. subject to paragraphs 9 below, cancel your Phone Plan, pay for the phone in full or return your phone to us and remain connected with your Airtime Plan.
- If you're cancelling, you'll still be responsible for any usage charges you've incurred.
- You also have 14 days to change your mind about buying the phone on the Phone Plan credit agreement. You can't return the phone to us after the 7 day Change Your Mind period ends so if you withdraw from your Phone Plan credit agreement you'll need to buy the phone outright. You can still carry on with your Airtime Plan, provided that if you cancel your Airtime Plan within 3 months, the ETC credit or the Previous Phone Plan Credit (as applicable) from your previous contract will be removed from your final bill.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any early upgrade eligibility you may have as part of O2 Rewards.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- O2 may withdraw or amend this offer at any time.