O2 / Nike+ FuelFest Promotion
Terms & Conditions
- Offer available upon invitation by O2 only.
- Only one entry per customer and mobile phone number.
- First 400 responders need to contact Nike at the email address provided within 48 hours of notification. If all 400 are not claimed in this time, remaining places to be allocated thereafter to subsequent responders
- The event is promoted by Nike and subject to terms set out below. Participants will need to agree to these terms when registering for the event in a Nike store.
Nike+ FuelFest terms and conditions
To participate at the Event you must be 16 years old or above.
For the purposes of this "Deed of Release" document, "Event" means, collectively, NIKE+FUELFEST commencing at BATTERSEA POWER STATION on SUNDAY 8TH JULY 2012 any and all transportation to, from and between event locations, all product testing at the event, and all other activities related to the event and to my participation in the event, I hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agree for myself, my heirs, estate, insurers, successors and assigns, as follows:
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK. Nike has made no representation to me as to the suitability, condition, or safety of the Event venue and I acknowledge that participation in the Event may involve risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. These may result from my own actions or inactions, as well as the actions or inactions of others, the rules of play, and the condition of the facilities and equipment. Further, there may be other risks not known to me and not reasonably foreseeable at this time. I confirm that I am in good health and have no medical or health condition that could endanger or limit my ability whilst participating in the Event. I understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume all risks involved in the Event, both known and unknown. I consent to treatment in the event of an emergency or other incident in which, in the reasonable judgment of the on-site personnel, I require medical care and agree to comply with the reasonable instructions of the Event leaders during the course of the Event.
- RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators, estate, insurers, successors and assigns, hereby fully and forever release and discharge NIKE (UK) Limited ("NIKE"), and its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, contractors, successors, assigns, and insurers, all Event sponsors, organisers, advertisers, volunteers, and staff, and all owners or lessors of premises used in connection with the Event (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of action, costs, losses, damages or proceedings whatsoever arising out of or in connection with my participation in or attendance at the Event (save for my death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Released Parties).
- NO INSURANCE; MEDICAL EXPENSES. I understand that NIKE and others involved in the Event do not provide me with any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss or damage that may arise in connection with my participation or attendance at the Event. If I want insurance of any kind, I must obtain my own. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses in the event of any illness, accident, or injury in connection with the Event.
- AUTHORISATION TO RECORD AND TO USE RECORDINGS and NAME. I understand that NIKE and others may photograph or film at the Event for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes. I hereby consent and agree that photographs, film and video may be taken of me whilst participating in the Event or related activities. I irrevocably grant NIKE, its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and licensees an irrevocable and royalty-free licence in perpetuity and throughout the world, without any expectation of compensation, to use my photograph, video or film portrayal, image, likeness, voice and name in any manner or media (whether now known or hereafter developed or discovered) and for any purpose. I irrevocably and unconditionally waive the benefits of and agree not to assert any provision of law known as "moral rights" or any similar laws of any jurisdiction.
- LICENCE TO USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND IDEAS. I hereby grant to NIKE and its affiliates and subsidiaries a perpetual royalty free licence to use all comments, feedbacks and ideas I may share with them, without notice, compensation or acknowledgement to me, for any purposes whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving products and services.
- ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY. I accept that I have a duty to participate in a manner which is as safe as reasonably possible and, in particular, to abide by the rules of the Event, adhere to the safety information and instructions and take reasonable care to avoid dangerous situations and to look after both myself and other participants. I also understand the consequences of my failure to comply with such rules might include loss of my eligibility to participate in future similar events.
- ASSIGNMENT. I agree that NIKE may assign the rights granted to it in this Deed of Release to any third party as it sees fit.
- VALIDITY. If any portion of this Deed of Release in part or in full is held invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. This Deed of Release supersedes any oral or written statements made by or to me in relation to the Event. I understand that I cannot terminate, cancel, or revoke this Deed of Release for any reason.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Deed of Release and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE CAREFULLY, FULLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ITS CONTENT, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT.I ENTER INTO THIS DEED OF RELEASE VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR COERCION.
I certify that:
I AM 16 OR OVER
However, if you would like us to keep you in the loop about NIKE please tick the box below. By ticking this box you consent to the use of the data provided on this form for the purpose of sending you information about future NIKE promotions, events, products and news items as well as for internal administration and analysis.
Personal data will be processed at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.