Text and Web Terms and Conditions
- Available to Pay & Go customers.
Text & Web gives you either:
- a. 300 inclusive UK texts, 500MB data and unlimited UK wifi (through BT Openzone until 1 July 2013 only) provided you have topped-up between £10 and £14 in the previous month;
- b. 500 inclusive UK texts, 500MB data and unlimited UK wifi (through BT Openzone until 1 July 2013 only) provided you have topped-up between £15 and £29 in the previous month; or
- c. Unlimited inclusive UK texts, 500MB data and unlimited UK wifi (through BT Openzone until 1 July 2013 only) provided you have topped-up £30 or more in the previous month.
- Inclusive texts on Text & Web can be used for texts made in the UK to 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the four major operators O2, Everything Everywhere (formerly known as Orange and T-Mobile), Vodafone and 3, and providers such as Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile and BT Fusion), all provided that O2 may exclude from your inclusive allowance texts made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share.
Inclusive texts cannot be used for texts made in the UK to:
- a. non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05) which are charged separately; or
- b. non-standard or "special" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive texts, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man).
Inclusive data on Text & Web allows you use of our data network and UK wifi via your mobile phone (internet capable and wifi accredited phones only). It includes a specified monthly data allowance (unlimited for wifi until 1 July 2013 as long as your usage is not excessive). If you exceed the monthly allowance or breach these Terms, we reserve the right to:
- a. impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed;
- b. remove the data from your account;
- c. impose further charges; and/or
- d. disconnect your sim card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your sim:
- a. in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied with or intended by us for use with (for example a mobile phone sim only tariff sim is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your sim into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated); or
- b. in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
- We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
- You must have a data enabled handset and your SIM must be data enabled in order to use the data allowance.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK texts allowance, your Text & Web texts allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On texts allowance.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK data allowance, your Text & Web data allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On data allowance. This does not apply to the Web Daily Bolt On which will always be used before your Text & Web data allowance.
- Eligible customers may change tariffs every 30 days. Existing customers may switch to Text & Web but please note customers who are currently on the Original or Talkalot tariffs will be moved to our new Talkalot rates if they opt in to Text & Web. You will not be able to switch back to Original or Talkalot if you do this.
- To switch to Text & Web, send a free text message from your O2 phone with the keyword "TEXTANDWEB" to 21300. You will receive a text message within 24 hours to confirm that your current inclusive monthly allowance will be replaced with Text & Web. Text back "TEXTANDWEB STOP" if you want to STOP this tariff switch, otherwise your request will be processed within 48 hours.
- Customers successfully transferring to Text & Web from another monthly inclusive allowance will not be activated until their next anniversary date, providing they have met the minimum top-up requirements.
- By switching to Text & Web customers are agreeing to replace their current inclusive monthly allowance with Text & Web inclusive monthly allowance. Any unused allowances will be lost and will not rollover to your new tariff. Customers can only have one tariff's inclusive monthly allowance active at any time.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Text &Web Terms, If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.
- Talkalot 08 Terms and Conditions also apply from 18th Feb 2008.