Favourite Place Terms and Conditions
- Available to O2 Pay & Go customers.
- Eligible customers may change tariffs every 30 days. Existing customers may switch to Favourite Place but please note customers who are currently on the Original or Talkalot tariffs will be moved to our new Talkalot rates if they opt in to Favourite Place. You will not be able to switch back to Original or Talkalot if you do this.
- To activate or switch to Favourite Place, send a text message with your nominated postcode to 22204 free. E.g. SL14DX. You will receive a text message within 48 hours to confirm that your registration has been accepted and that Favourite Place is now active.
- Your confirmation text will include reference to your "anniversary date". Your anniversary date is the date each month by which you must have topped up with at least £10 in order to receive your next monthly Favourite Place call allowance. If you do not top-up by this minimum amount you will not receive your Favourite Place allowance until you next top up. This then resets your anniversary date. You will receive a text confirmation.
Favourite Place is an O2 Pay & Go tariff. By opting in to Favourite Place you are requesting that you wish to replace any free allowance you currently receive on your existing tariff. Favourite place gives you one of the following options depending on your top up:
- a. 500 minutes of free calls to any O2 mobile or UK standard landline from your registered UK postcode each month provided you have topped up £10 in the last 30 days; or
- b. 1000 minutes of free calls to any O2 mobile or UK standard landline from your registered UK postcode each month provided you have topped up at least £15 in the last 30 days; or
- c. Unlimited free minutes to any O2 mobile or UK standard landline from your registered UK postcode each month provided you have topped up at least £30 in the last 30 days, subject to excessive use policy, see clause 7 below.
- If you are an existing customer on Favourite Place and only receive 500 minutes for topping up £10 you will need to opt in to get unlimited Favourite Place. To opt in send a text message with your nominated postcode to 22204 free and we will opt you in e.g. SL14DX. Please note you will also be moved to the new Talkalot rates as part of this request. Opt in could take up to 48 hours to process.
Excessive Use policy: O2's Pay & Go Favourite Place unlimited calls must be used for private, personal and non-commercial purposes only. You may not use your SIM Card:
- a. in, or connected to, any other device; or
- b. in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
- c. O2 may monitor your usage and request you to moderate if, acting reasonably we determine it to constitute abuse of this policy. If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, transfer you to a tariff which does not include unlimited minutes or disconnect your account at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
- You can cancel your request to change tariffs within 48 hours of opting in to Favourite Place by texting "NO PLACE" to 22204, at no charge. If you opted in by web or through 2425 IVR, you will not be able to cancel your request, but you can opt into another tariff and be transferred on your next anniversary date providing you meet the minimum top-up requirements.
- The standard call charges for Favourite Place are based on the new O2 Talkalot rates. If you are opting-in from Pay & Go Original or Pay & Go Talkalot you are agreeing to the new Talkalot call charges. Full tariff details can be viewed at o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs.
- When you have used all your monthly Favourite Place allowance you will receive a text message to notify you that your free allowance has run out and you are now being charged for all calls.
- Excluded calls are video calls, calls starting 05, 08, 07744 or 07755, calls to Voicemail 901, calls made from the UK to abroad, calls to premium rate numbers and mobile internet calls.
- If you have a Bolt On package including an allowance of minutes each month, your Favourite Place allowance will be used first for eligible calls, followed by your Bolt On allowance.
- Any unused Favourite Place call allowance will not roll over from one month to the next. You will receive a reminder 48 hours before your anniversary date to notify you if you need to top-up.
- To register for Favourite Place you must register an eligible UK postcode. You can only register one Favourite Place postcode at any one time. If we do not recognise the postcode we will text you asking you to re-enter it.
- You can change your postcode every 30 days by simply texting the word CHANGEPLACE insert new postcode to 22204.
- All calls originating from within your registered UK postcode will be preceded with a free call announcement confirming this.
- Favourite Place is subject to network coverage. Service is not fault free and may be impaired by geographic, atmospheric or other conditions or circumstances beyond our control.
- Any calls made in excess of your allowance or outside your registered UK postcode coverage will be charged at the new Talkalot rate.
- Postcode areas are approximate. We cannot guarantee coverage in all postcode areas and coverage may be restricted in certain areas. Coverage may not be available for new postcodes.
- The Favourite Place tariff is not compatible with the 1471 Call Return service. If you are within your registered postcode area and dial 3 to return a 1471 number, this is excluded from your Favourite Place allowance.
- The Favourite Place tariff is not compatible with the Voicemail 901 Call Return service. If you are within your registered postcode area and dial 5 to return a Voicemail 901 number, this is excluded from your Favourite Place allowance.
- If you have an O2 Home Bolt On in conjunction with the Favourite Place tariff, the nominated Home postcode will be changed when you nominate your Favourite Place postcode and vice versa as you can only have one nominated postcode active at any time.
- Talkalot 08 Terms and Conditions also apply from 18th April 2008.