O2 Home Broadband terms & conditions for Prioritised Customer Service
- 1.1. These terms and conditions relating to the O2 Home Broadband Prioritised Customer Service ("PCS Terms") set out the basis on which Telefónica UK Limited (Company no. 1743099) of 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX ("O2, we, us, our") will provide support services to the customer with whom we make this agreement or a person who we reasonably believe is acting with the customer's authority ("You, your")
- 1.2. The PCS Terms are in addition to the O2 Broadband Services - Standard Terms and Conditions for Consumer Customers and Business Customers ("Terms"), and terms which are not defined in the PCS Terms will have the meaning set out in the Terms. If there is any inconsistency between the PCS Terms and the Terms, the PCS Terms will prevail.
- 1.3. "Customer Infrastructure" means any equipment owned or used by the Customer but not provided by O2 for the provision of the Services (and subsequently out of the scope for the PCS Service).
2. Scope of the PCS Service
- 2.1. The PCS Service means the service detailed in Appendix 1 ("the PCS Service Description") and provided to Customers by O2 in respect of resolving faults in the Services.
- 2.2. The PCS Service is provided in addition to the telephone based helpdesk service which O2 provides in connection with the Services. The PCS Service will not be provided to you unless and until you have sought help from and complied with all instructions issued by the telephone based customer helpdesk service and O2 is satisfied that the Service is still not working – where "working" shall have the meaning set out in clause 2.10 of these PCS Terms.
- 2.3. The PCS Service may involve physical checks of the O2 wireless box ("O2 Wireless Box") supplied by O2. If you use a modem/router supplied by someone other than O2, then O2 may not be able to complete the same number of checks as it can complete with respect to an O2 Wireless Box and O2 has no obligation to resolve problems relating to routers other than the O2 Wireless Box.
- 2.4. O2 will use its reasonable endeavours to check basic PC configuration information relating to email accounts set up for a maximum of 10 email accounts on 5 PCs.
- 2.5. O2 will use its reasonable endeavours to check the McAfee security settings and recommend any changes it believes to be necessary.
- 2.6. The PCS Service applies only to PCs operating Windows XP/Windows Vista 32 bit. It does not apply to PCs operating other operating systems including but not limited to Apple Mac and Unix derivatives e.g. Linux, or non-Microsoft Windows based systems ("Other Operating Systems").
- 2.7. If the Customer utilises Other Operating Systems, O2 shall have no obligation to provide the PCS Service to the Customer.
2.8. If O2 makes any recommendations in respect of Other Operating Systems, or Customer Infrastructure the Customer agrees that:
- 2.8.1. such recommendations are provided outside of the PCS Service and that O2 has no liability for any actions by the Customer as a result of those recommendations; and
- 2.8.2. the Customer is responsible for seeking independent advice from qualified sources.
- 2.9. The PCS Service is available only at the single location ("the Site") where the Customer connects to the Services.
- 2.10. The PCS Service covers only those elements of the Services which relate to provision of the broadband connection to your O2 Wireless Box and in respect of a normal (as per the specification of the O2 Wireless Box) WiFi signal being emitted from the O2 Wireless Box. Except as otherwise expressly specified, the PCS Service does not cover problems relating to Customer Infrastructure, its configuration (including but not limited to any networking e.g. LAN set up) or the topography and physical structures of the Site.
2.11. The Services will be deemed to be working when the following conditions on the O2 Wireless Box are met:
- 2.11.1. Green power light is on;
- 2.11.2. Solid green DSL light is on;
- 2.11.3. Green internet light is on;
- 2.11.4. WLAN light is on (either red for no encryption, amber for WEP encryption or green for WPA);
- 2.11.5. USB and Voice lights off; and
- 2.11.6. on the rear of the O2 Wireless Box there are 4 lights which correspond to the 4 Ethernet ports. Where the Customer connects a PC to the O2 Wireless Box via a cable, the light which corresponds to the port where the cable is plugged in is on.
- 2.12. The PCS Service is only available during Working Hours, on Business Days as specified in the PCS Service Description.
- 2.13. The Customer agrees that O2 shall have no liability with respect to any work necessary for the Customer to undertake, or any costs associated with or arising from the replacement or resetting of the O2 Wireless Box.
2.14. The PCS Service excludes any work necessary to restore the Services arising from the following:
- 2.14.1. failure or fluctuation of, or work in relation to, electric power, air conditioning, humidity control or other environmental conditions; or
- 2.14.2. accidental damage, improper use or operation or neglect of the Services or Equipment by the Customer or its contractors or agents; or
- 2.14.3. any fault in Customer Infrastructure; or
- 2.14.4. any attempt by any person not authorised to do so other than O2's personnel (or personnel approved by O2) to adjust, repair or maintain the Equipment; or
- 2.14.5. use of any part of the Equipment for a purpose or in a manner for which it was not designed or other than in the ordinary course of reasonable business practice; or
- 2.14.6. the failure of the Customer to implement manufacturers' or O2 recommendations in respect of or solutions to faults previously advised by the Customer; or
- 2.14.7. damage caused by operator error or omission.
2.15. The PCS Service shall not include:
- 2.15.1. repair of a malfunction due to electromagnetic or particle radiation in the environment of the O2 Wireless Box; or
- 2.15.2. restoration of Customer data or user data or responsibility for users data; or
- 2.15.3. the repair of consumable items; or
- 2.15.4. the recovery or reconstruction of any data or programs lost or spoiled except to the extent that this is due to the fault of O2 or its contractors or agents, in which case only such work as is required to recover or restore the data from the last Customer back-up of the affected data; or
- 2.15.5. unless otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement, maintenance or support of any Other Operating System or software applications or any Customer Infrastructure; or
- 2.15.6. services in respect of any equipment which has not been provided by O2; or, in respect of Equipment not at the location where Customer connects to the Services; or, outside the relevant hours of normal service operation.
- 2.16. The PCS Service is provided only in the United Kingdom.
3. Customer Obligations
- 3.1. You must promptly carry out all actions reasonably requested of you by O2. Failure to do so may result in the PCS Service being withdrawn and no further call outs being provided.
- 3.2. O2 will not tolerate any form of aggressive or unreasonable behaviour, or abuse, towards staff involved in providing the Services or the PCS Service. O2 reserves the right to immediately withdraw the Services and/or the PCS Service if in O2's discretion your behaviour is unacceptable.
3.3. You agree to permit, or arrange any necessary consents from any other persons who control access to the Site to permit, O2 staff, or staff acting on O2's behalf, with access to the Site at the agreed time for your call out. O2 reserves the right to charge you, and you agree to pay, the cost for a visit to the Site where:
- 3.3.1. the O2 representative is unable to gain access to the Site or the affected equipment at the Site for the service call during the allotted call out time and you have failed to cancel the appointment in accordance with the timescale set out in the PCS Service Description; or
- 3.3.2. the Wireless Box has been damaged due to the acts or omissions of the Customer, including but not limited to misuse or abuse or any of the matters described in clauses 2.14.1, 2.14.2, 2.14.4, 2.14.5, 2.14.6, 2.14.7 and 2.15.1 of the PCS Terms.
- 3.4. The Customer agrees to take back ups of all information stored on its PCs, servers and any other equipment, which information may be affected in any way by the actions of O2 in respect of the provision of the PCS Service, including but not limited to actions such as resetting or replacing the O2 Wireless Box and potential impact on the Customer's router configurations.
PCS Service Description
1. What is O2 Home Broadband Prioritised Customer Service (PCS)?
Our Prioritised Customer Service ("PCS") is included as part of the Services provided in respect of certain packages of the O2 Home Broadband service. It is an extension of our telephone based 24/7 O2 Home Broadband Customer Service support team.
In the unlikely event we can't resolve your technical issues remotely by phone, PCS provides you with an engineer who will call on you at your Site at a time to suit you.
2. How much does the PCS service cost?
PCS is included in your monthly subscription Charges for the certain O2 Home Broadband packages (subject to any additional Charges set out in paragraph 3 below)
3. When might I be charged for PCS Services?
In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge you for this service (Clause 3.3 of the PCS Terms).
If you cannot make the appointed time at which an engineer has been scheduled to call at the Site and fail to contact us by calling our PCS team on 08705 134919 at least 2 Working Hours prior to the appointed time, then we reserve the right to charge you a call out charge of £125 (ex VAT).
If we arrive at the Site and we find the O2 Wireless Box has been subject to damage due to misuse or abuse we reserve the right to charge you a call out charge of £125 (ex VAT) (Clause 3.3 of the ESS Terms).
In addition we may also charge you £42.50 (ex VAT) for the damage to the O2 Wireless Box (Clause 3.2 of the O2 Broadband Services – Standard Terms and Conditions for Consumer Customers and Business Customers relates).