Pay Monthly Extra Data Bolt On Terms
- Unless stated otherwise, Extra Data Bolt Ons can only be bought if you're a Pay Monthly customer and already have a limited monthly data allowance included in your tariff, or have bought a limited monthly data Bolt On in addition to your tariff. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend these Extra Data Bolt Ons at any time on reasonable notice.
- The Extra Data Bolt Ons, will allow you use of our data network via your mobile phone (internet capable phones only). The relevant Extra Data Bolt On includes a specified monthly data allowance. If you exceed the Extra Data Bolt On monthly allowance or breach these terms, we reserve the right to:
- 1. impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed;
- 2. remove the Extra Data Bolt Ons from your account;
- 3. impose further charges; and/or
- 4. disconnect your sim card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
5. remove your ability to use data on your sim card.
All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your sim:
- 6. in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied with or intended by us for use with (for example a mobile phone sim only tariff sim is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your sim into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated); or
7. in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
- The Extra Data Bolt Ons can be bought as a one-off or on a recurring monthly basis. If you take the recurring option, you will receive 30 days notice via text message if we make any changes to your disadvantage.
- If you buy the recurring Extra Data Bolt On, your monthly recurring payment is made for a month in advance and will automatically be debited from your account on your monthly payment date. You may cancel a recurring Extra Data Bolt On and your recurring payment at any point up to midday on the day before your next monthly billing date. If you cancel your recurring payment during a monthly cycle or after midday on the day before your next recurring payment is due then you will still get the service you have paid for and be able to use it until your data expires or until the following monthly billing date, but we will not refund any payment that you have made. We will not refund any one-off Extra Data Bolt Ons and you must keep a recurring Extra Data Bolt On for at least 30 days.
- You may only buy one of each of the available Extra Data Bolt Ons in any given month, up to a maximum monthly data allowance of 5GB.
- Any data bought using a one-off or recurring Extra Data Bolt On will not roll-over and will be removed at your next monthly billing date. If you have a recurring Extra Data Bolt On your new data will be added to your existing monthly data allowance at the start of every monthly billing cycle.
- If the Distance Selling Regulations apply, once your Extra Data Bolt On is activated you will not be able to cancel under the Regulations. Your statutory rights are unaffected.