Pay As You Go Web Daily and Data Roaming Terms & Conditions (Pre 22nd March 2011)
4th Jan 2011 VAT increase to 20%
These prices were correct at the time of publishing. On 4 January 2011, the rate of VAT will increase to 20% and all of our prices will change to reflect that.
- Once all your tariff and Bolt On data allowances have been used, any UK data usage will be charged at the prevailing rate for your tariff subject to a maximum daily charge of £1. This is unless you joined our Talkalot tariff prior to September 2005, in which case you will be charged £2.35/MB (or 1p at 4 kilobytes). For the avoidance of doubt, 'daily' shall mean from 00.00am to 23.59pm on any given day.
- Browsing will be charged at 1p per 3 kilobytes up to a maximum of £1 per day. Once you have reached the maximum daily charge of £1, O2 Web Daily allows you unlimited use of O2 UK's Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset) subject to an excessive usage policy as explained in clause 4 below.
- If you have a tariff or Bolt On that includes a data allowance, this will continue to count towards your browsing usage. After your tariff or Bolt On data allowance has been used charging will start at the prevailing rate for your tariff to a maximum of £1 a day.
Pay As You Go Web Daily is for personal internet use via your mobile phone subject to an excessive usage limit of 100MB per day, and the following excessive usage policy. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- 1. in, or connected to, any other device including modems; or
- 2. to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or
- 3. in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers; or
- 4. if O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose standard charges (see o2.co.uk for details), impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission or disconnect your tariff for further data use until the following day.
- Data usage is measured in kilobytes (KB) and megabytes. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1024 Kilobytes (KB). If data usage is less than £1 it will be rounded up to the nearest 3 kilobytes on a daily basis, and charges are rounded up to the nearest 1p. You are charged for the amount of data that travels over the data network. Please note that you may be charged for re-sent data packets and packets added to control the flow of data over the network.
- The prices mentioned above do not incorporate data roaming rates except for customers with the Ireland Bolt On. They will be charged Web Daily rates for GPRS data usage in the Republic of Ireland where they have an active Ireland Bolt On.
- Browsing rates outside the UK will be charged at £3 per MB for usage in Europe and £6 per MB in the rest of the world. Use will be rounded up to the nearest 3 kilobytes and charges rounded up to the nearest 1p. For the purposes of these terms, countries included in the Europe pricing zone are; Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, The Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Monaco, French West, Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, The Isle of Man, Italy, The Vatican, San Marino, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- O2 reserves the right to amend these terms or the excessive usage policy at any time. Our updated terms/policy will be posted on our website so please check our website from time to time. If we increase charges for the elements of the Service you are using we will notify you by text message or by email (if you have registered your email address with us) before the changes become effective.
- These terms shall not apply to Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband or iPad services.