Blackberry® Text and Web Terms and Conditions
Please note, this tariff will no longer be available to new customers or existing customers wishing to switch to the tariff from 29th May 2014 onwards. If you are not already on this tariff by this date you will not be able to switch to it.
- Available to Pay & Go customers.
Blackberry Text & Web gives you either:
- 500 inclusive UK texts, 500MB UK data plus BlackBerry services provided you have topped-up between £15 and £29 in the previous month.; or
- Unlimited inclusive UK texts, 500MB UK data plus BlackBerry services provided you have topped-up £30 or more in the previous month.
- Inclusive texts on Blackberry Text & Web can be used for texts sent in the UK to 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage. This currently includes the major mobile operators O2, Everything Everywhere (formerly known as Orange and T-Mobile), Vodafone and 3, and other virtual mobile providers such as Virgin Mobile and Tesco Mobile. O2 may exclude from your inclusive allowance texts made to any number ranges which O2 reasonably believes are being used for call forwarding services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share.
Inclusive texts cannot be used for texts sent in the UK to:
- non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05) which are charged separately; or
- non-standard or "service" 07 numbers (all those 07 numbers that are not specifically included in your inclusive texts, including 07 numbers allocated to network operators in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man).
- The inclusive data allowance can be used in the UK only.
All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
- in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
- to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, P2P or file sharing; or in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
- You must have a data enabled handset and your SIM must be data enabled in order to use the data allowance.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK texts allowance, your Blackberry Text & Web texts allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On texts allowance.
- If you have a Bolt On which includes a UK data allowance, your Blackberry Text & Web data allowance will be used first followed by your Bolt On data allowance. This does not apply to the Web Daily Bolt On which will always be used before your Blackberry Text & Web data allowance.
- Eligible customers may change tariffs once a month. Existing customers may switch to Blackberry Text & Web. If you are currently on the Original or Talkalot tariffs you will be moved to our Talkalot 08 rates if you opt in to Blackberry Text & Web. You will not be able to switch back to Original or Talkalot if you do this.
- To switch to Blackberry Text & Web, send a free text message from your O2 mobile with the keyword "FREE BB" to 21300. You will receive a text message within 24 hours to confirm that your current inclusive monthly allowance will be replaced with Blackberry Text & Web. Text back "FREEBB OFF" if you want to STOP this tariff switch, otherwise your request will be processed within 48 hours.
- Customers successfully transferring to Blackberry Text & Web from another tariff allowance will not be activated until their next renewal date, providing they have met the minimum top-up requirements.
- By switching to Blackberry Text & Web customers are agreeing to replace their current tariff allowance with Blackberry Text & Web inclusive monthly allowance. Any unused allowances will be lost and will not rollover to your new tariff. Customers can only have one tariff allowance active at any time.
- O2 reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any element of the Blackberry Text & Web Terms. If we amend any of these to your disadvantage we will notify you. Notice will be provided by text message. Changes will be effective immediately upon our having notified you.
- UK calls to UK landline and mobiles are charged by the minute, not by the second, and will be rounded up to the nearest minute. Each call charge is then rounded up to the next whole penny.
- Standard tariff rates for Blackberry Text & Web can be found at o2.co.uk/myo2.
- You can view your remaining tariff allowances by visiting o2.co.uk/myo2 or alternatively you can send BALANCE to 20202 or by calling 4444 which is free from your O2 mobile.
- Talkalot 08 Terms and Conditions also apply from 18th Feb 2008.