TU Go Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The TU Go application ("App") is available to O2 customers. These terms, along with the End User Licence terms are the terms and conditions of the App service and by using the App you confirm that you're happy to accept and abide by these terms.
The App lets you: a. connect voice calls to standard fixed and mobile numbers in the UK using your smartphone, tablet or other compatible devices;
- b. send and receive SMS ; and
- c. download your voicemails to be listened to through the App on your device(s).
- The service is only available if, having downloaded the TU Go App, you enter a valid mobile phone number and then use the App on a suitable device. You will have to carry out a security validation process to confirm that you are using the App for the mobile phone number that you've given us. The App cannot be shared, and may only be used by the individual who is the account holder for the relevant O2 mobile phone number. If you disconnect your O2 account, or are in breach of your terms of service with O2, your TU Go service will be terminated.
- You will be charged for the TU Go service in accordance with your existing tariff rates for making calls or sending texts whether made over the mobile network (GSM) or Wi-Fi, or using mobile data. The cost of the TU Go service is subject to change. We will notify of any costs for the service in advance.
- You will need to have a compatible device and operating software to use the App. You will be responsible for updating your App from time to time. Please see the FAQ for details.
You must not use the TU Go App:
- a. for any application that constitutes, promotes or is used in connection with spyware, adware, other malicious programs or code.
- b. for unlawful or fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity;
- c. to send, receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, malicious, threatening, racist, indecent, defamatory, derogatory, obscene, menacing, or otherwise objectionable;
- d. to harass, stalk, inconvenience, cause annoyance or needless anxiety to any person, impersonate any other person or act in a way which may reasonably be objectionable or is otherwise injurious to third parties;
- e. for business, commercial or unreasonable use;
- f. in any way that breaches copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- g. in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Services or access to the Services to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- h. to initiate the sending of unsolicited advertising or promotional material including without limitation junk-mail for commercial or non-commercial reasons; or
- i. via a GSM Gateway so that the Service is provided via the GSM Gateway to third parties.
If you do, we might have to block your use of the TU Go App.
- Using the app will use data. Data charges may apply for the use of your service. Data charges will be in accordance with your existing tariff. You may have a limited amount of monthly data from your internet service provider so be careful that you don't run up extra costs that you're not expecting. The service can also work over Wifi and you may be charged as per your agreement with your provider.
- If you use the App to make a call on Wi-Fi and then leave the area of Wi-Fi coverage (or move onto another Wi-Fi service during the call) then the call will drop. Calls will not transfer between Wi-Fi and your cellular network if you leave Wi-Fi coverage (or visa-versa). Calls may stay connected for up to one minute despite having lost the Wi-Fi connection, and you may incur and additional cost of up to a 1 minute call; this will be deducted from your allowances, if available.
- Any call diverts that you have set up on your mobile phone shall be cancelled when you use the App. These will revert if you delete your TU Go account. Your voicemail service must be set up and active in order to use the App.
- Any numbers that you have barred on your mobile account (e.g. international or premium-rate numbers) will not be applied to your App. International calls are available through the App and will be charged at your standard international rates.
- The App is for person to person communications only. Certain automated messages (e.g. automated bank codes) will not be sent to your App.
- You are responsible for keeping your TU Go password and log in details secure. Do not share these details and keep them safe. Your TU Go timelines shall sync across your devices and can be viewed from each device. It is your responsibility to ensure that your device is secure and not accessible to others. O2 is not responsible for any losses or charges incurred by you as a result of your failure to keep your devices secure.
- Calls made over Wi-Fi are not secure. You are recommended to use the service on secure network only that is password-protected.
- You may delete calls, voicemails and text messages from your timeline from the App and from each device you have connected to the App. It is your responsibility to ensure that private calls or calls to sensitive numbers are deleted from your timelines. Anonymous calls cannot be made from the App.
- O2 are not responsible for any loss or damage to your messages, contacts and call history.
- You agree to receiving messages from time to time about the TU Go service, including SMS. Some machine-generated messages will be delivered to all of the devices on which you have installed the App.
- We don't represent or warrant that the App is free of inaccuracies, errors, delays, bugs or interruptions. We can't promise that the App will be free from interruptions or that the service is reliable, of a certain quality, accurate, complete or otherwise valid. The App is provided "as is" with no warranty, express or implied, of any kind. O2 expressly disclaims any and all warranties of fitness for purpose, availability, storage of data, security, title and/or non-infringement. You use the App at your own discretion and risk.
- The App is not a replacement for your mobile phone. The App does not support calls from smartphones to all numbers over Wi-Fi (like premium numbers) and does not allow you to make emergency (999) calls. If you try to make an emergency call from the App on a smartphone then the app will exit and an emergency call will be attempted over your mobile network. Making emergency calls from wifi-only devices is supported, however to provide an accurate location to emergency services, we still recommend using your smartphone if available.
- O2 reserves the right to amend, terminate or suspend this service at any time.
- These terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which both you and we submit to.