Previous Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement (from 18 July 2014 - 10 November 2014)
Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement
This is the Agreement for consumer customers who take Pay Monthly mobile services from us for their own personal use; If you’re an O2 Business customer who only (or mostly) uses the services for business, then our O2 terms and conditions for businesses will apply.
A quick summary
This is a quick summary of some of the most important terms and conditions of your pay monthly mobile agreement.
You can see the full terms of your Agreement below, by picking up a copy of our printed terms in an O2 shop, looking on our Website or by asking customer service to send you a copy. It's important that you read and understand the full terms before you sign up.
1. Charges/Price increases – From 2015, your Monthly Subscription Charges will be subject to an annual adjustment by the RPI Rate, (which could increase or a decrease) and will first appear on your April bill An example is below (RPI rates are illustrative only):
If your airtime tariff is £15 a month when you sign up in September.
Year 1: On your next April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £15.39 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 2.6%) i.e. £15 x 1.026 = £15.39; and
Year 2: On your second April bill you would see your airtime tariff increase to £15.75 a month (if RPI Rate announced in the Feb preceding the RPI Change was 2.4%), i.e. £15.39 x 1.024 = £15.75936.
You must pay the Charges for the Services you subscribe to and use every month by the date on your bill. Your inclusive allowances cover standard mainland UK calls, texts and data. Special numbers and services are not included. Please see our Tariff Terms and Website for more details about Charges outside your allowances. We may charge interest or fees if you're late in paying. You have to pay by direct debit. We may ask you to pay a deposit before we'll let you use the Services. We may increase or decrease our other prices from time to time. Some increases would give you the right to end your Agreement without paying the Monthly Subscription Charges for the remaining months of your Minimum Period, however if you've taken Equipment on a Hardware Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 5 of the Agreement.
2. The Change-Your-Mind Period – If you change your mind about your Mobile Phone or selected Equipment you've got from us, you can return it once and exchange it for another within the 14 day Change-Your-Mind Period which will be communicated to you as part of the sales process and/or on your till receipt and then in your welcome pack. You'll only be able to do this if the Mobile Phone/Equipment is undamaged, unlocked (i.e. free of security or software locks), in its original packaging and you bring in your proof of purchase with it. If you'd rather, you can return your Mobile Phone/Equipment and cancel your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement during the Change-Your-Mind Period. If you've taken your Equipment from us under a separate Hardware Plan and you are withdrawing from that Hardware Plan after the Change-Your-Mind Period, you will have to pay in full for your Equipment. If you've just taken Services from us then you can also cancel within the Change-Your-Mind Period. You agree that Services will begin immediately if you already have a SIM Card or when you receive that SIM Card. You'll have to pay for any calls, texts, data and other charges you've incurred, including during the Change-Your-Mind Period. For full details, ask in store or see below for our policy on repairs and returns. Details are in paragraphs 10, 12 and 13 of the Agreement and on our Website.
3. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a Minimum Period. After that Minimum Period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days' Notice. Unless specified otherwise (such as in your Tariff Terms), if you want to end the Agreement during the Minimum Period or we end this Agreement as a result of your material breach, then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your Monthly Subscription Charges multiplied by the number of months left in your Minimum Period and if you've taken Equipment on a Hardware Plan, you will have to pay for it in full. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
4. The Services and Equipment we supply and what you can expect of us – Our Services aren't available everywhere in the UK. You can check predicted Network coverage in your area on our Website. The Services are not fault free and speed and quality, for example, can be affected by things like the thickness of the walls of the building you're in, atmospheric conditions, technical issues with the Network and the number of people near you trying to access the Services at the same time. Details are in paragraph 2 of the Agreement. Equipment we supply will accord with the manufacturer's description and packaging but digital Content (such as apps or software) preloaded on such Equipment will often contain minor defects and such Content should be judged against quality standards proportionate to the value of those digital goods.
5. What we expect of you – We may end the Agreement if: you don't pay any Charges that are due; we reasonably believe the Service is being used fraudulently, illegally or to cause annoyance (among other things), for non-personal or business use; or if you're bankrupt. Details are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.
6. How we use your information – We may use and analyse your personal details to help us run your account. We might use your details and how you use the service, and/or share them with carefully selected third parties, for marketing purposes to tell you about other products and services. If you don't want to get these marketing communications, you can write to us or you can tell us when you sign up. Details are in paragraph 21 of the Agreement or you can visit o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/privacy-policy.