4G 90 Day Happiness Guarantee (now closed to new customers)
12th December 2013 – This promotional offer has now closed and is no longer available to customers signing up to a 4G tariff from the 12th December 2013 onwards.
Customers who signed up to a 1GB tariff or a 5GB tariff before 12th December 2013
If you signed up to a 1GB a month or 5GB a month 4G tariff before the 12th December 2013 and you are still within the 90 day Happiness Guarantee Period you can still exercise your happiness guarantee if you want to. If you contact us because you wish to exercise your happiness guarantee we will still cancel your current tariff and move you to a lower cost tariff in accordance with the Promotional Terms. We will also give you back the cost of your access to your 4G tariff up to £15 in accordance with the Promotional Terms.
Customers who signed up to an 8GB tariff before 12th December 2013
If you signed up to a 8GB a month 4G tariff before the 12th December 2013 and you are still within the 90 day Happiness Guarantee Period you can still exercise your happiness guarantee if you want to. If you contact us because you wish to exercise your happiness guarantee we will still cancel your current tariff and move you to a lower cost tariff in accordance with the Promotional Terms. We will also give you back the cost of your access to your 4G tariff (up to £15) in accordance with the Promotional Terms. Please note though you will not be able to receive a reduction in £5 twice for any one month so if your tariff cost has been automatically reduced by £5 after the 12th December 2013 you will not get a further £5 back per month under the happiness guarantee for this period.
All customers who signed up to a 4G Tariff before 12th December 2013
If you exercise the Happiness Guarantee after the 12th December 2013 you will be given the choice of moving to the next cheapest 4G tariff (if one is available) or of moving to a non-4G tariff in accordance with the Promotional Terms. Your tariff will still continue for the rest of your minimum term if you are still within your minimum term.
31st October 2013 – We have now launched 4G versions of our Pay As You Go packages and Mobile Broadband packages. For the avoidance of doubt, this Happiness Guarantee is not available on any Pay As You Go or Mobile Broadband packages. Now we have launched these tariffs we have updated clause 2 to make clear that these packages are not eligible for the Happiness Guarantee.
- These promotional terms and conditions relating to the 90 day happiness guarantee ("Promotional Terms") set out the basis on which Telefónica UK Limited (Company no. 01743099) of 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX ("O2, we, us, our") will provide services to the customer with whom we make this agreement or a person who we reasonably believe is acting with the customer's authority ("You, your").
- "4G Package" means only the element of a consumer tariff or consumer Bolt On which provides access to our 4G network (except for 4G Pay As You Go or 4G Mobile Broadband Packages or any 4G packages that are linked to, or part of a Pay As You Go or Mobile Broadband Package, all of which are not eligible for this Happiness Guarantee). It does not include the rest of your package. It excludes business packages.
- The Promotional Terms are in addition to O2's Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement and our Pay Monthly Tariff Terms and Conditions (together the "Terms"), and terms which are not defined in the Promotional Terms will have the meaning set out in the Terms. If there is any inconsistency between the Promotional Terms and the Terms, the Promotional Terms will prevail.
- The Promotional Terms will apply to new and eligible customers who sign up to a 4G Package.
- We reserve the right to change or withdraw this offer at any time (any amendments to these terms will be explained at the top of this page).
- We reserve the right to withdraw the offer from any person who has not complied with the requirements of the Promotional Terms.
- This offer is available when you order a 4G Package from O2. To get this offer you have to order your 4G Package from a third party O2 partner sales channel, an O2 shop, the O2 online shop, call O2 telesales or visit My O2 at http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and order your 4G Package.
- If you decide you are not happy with your 4G Package within the first 90 days after signing up to the 4G Package ("Happiness Guarantee Period") you can cancel your access to the 4G Package only and get your money back for the price of access to 4G on this 4G Package. You will need to either go to an O2 store, go online at My O2 or contact our Customer Service team by telephone and give us notice no later than the 90th day after the 4G Package connection date. For the avoidance of doubt, you will get a refund for the cost of the 4G Package only, but you will not get a refund for the other elements of your tariff and you will still have to pay for all elements of your non-4G tariff. You will not receive a refund for any fees for mobile data allowances or any mobile data charges you have been charged for whilst you had a 4G Package.
- If you use the happiness guarantee you will have to revert to a current non-4G tariff. Non-4G tariffs may have changed since you formed your current contract. If you had a non-4G tariff before switching to 4G and your previous non-4G tariff is still available when you switch back to non-4G you can move back to the same tariff. If your previous non-4G tariff is no longer available when you switch back you will need to switch to a current non-4G tariff at the same price or above the price of your previous non-4G tariff.
- If you did not have a tariff with O2 before you took your 4G tariff you will be able to transfer to a non-4G tariff under these Promotional Terms but you can only transfer to the non-4G equivalent to the 4G tariff you were on (the same package or a greater package) without the access to 4G (and with the equivalent non-4G price for the package).
- You will be placed back on a non-4G tariff (if you have taken a 4G inclusive tariff) or you will simply have your 4G Bolt On removed (if you have taken a 4G Bolt On) and your tariff will still continue for the rest of your minimum term if you are still within your minimum term. If you are not within your minimum term you will simply be placed on anon-4G tariff (if you took a 4G inclusive tariff) or your 4G Bolt On will be removed (if you have taken a 4G Bolt On) when you cancel.
- Depending on when you cancel (either from 1-30 days, 31-60, or 61-90 days after connecting to the 4G Package) You will receive a refund of the cost of £5 for the access to a 4G Package for each time period you had access in (i.e. the money spent for access to 4G over and above the cost of the equivalent non-4G package) as a credit on your account on your next monthly bill date.
- If you chose to cancel your access to a 4G tariff you will no longer be able to access any 4G specific Bolt Ons or promotions which have become available to you as part of your 4G tariff and these will be removed from your account.
- If you have purchased a specific 4G extra data Bolt On, and you use this happiness guarantee part way through a billing month a refund for the data Bolt On will be applied as a credit on your next bill. This will be calculated based on the number of days you have had access to the Bolt On a pro-rata basis. For example, if you have had access to the Bolt On for only a third of your billing period, you will receive a credit for two thirds of the cost of the Bolt On for that billing month (provided you have paid for it in advance).
- You can only use this guarantee once. If you use it during the Happiness Guarantee Period and you later sign up to a 4G Package again you will not be able to use this 90 day happiness guarantee again.
- You still have other legal rights as well as this guarantee. If you need more information on your legal rights you can visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- If any provision of these Promotional Terms is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- These Promotional Terms are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, which both you and we submit to.